Buying 017 Base Model in Silver on Saturday morning in Waco,TX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Buying 017 Base Model in Silver on Saturday morning in Waco,TX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I still haven't even bought the car yet but wanted to post here to see if there was any advice ...

Buying 017 Base Model in Silver on Saturday morning in Waco,TX

I still haven't even bought the car yet but wanted to post here to see if there was any advice when purchasing a new Base Model WRX. I have driven it twice already and it was very hard to not pull the trigger on the second road test.
    I am originally from Seattle and these cars are everywhere up there but down here in central Texas west of Waco there are almost none. Its crazy hard to find them down here.
    Any tips or advice before I buy the WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    Guess it depends on what type of tips you are looking for?

Financial tips?

* Secure financing before you go to the dealership on-line, credit union, etc. since it will give you an idea of what you will pay per month at X dollars as a down payment and more importantly will give you an idea of what you can get for a annual percentage rate on the loan . . . but don't be afraid to see if the dealership can better that offer.

* Ordering vs. buying off the lot often can save you money . . . plus you get all the stuff you want and none of the stuff you don't.

Break In Tips?

* Keep it under 4,000 rpm for the first 1,000 miles.

* I personally chose to change out my oil at that point . . . some folks wait.

Maintenance Tips?

* Watching the oil level and changing oil is pretty important . . .

* Depending on what you get for weather you may want to consider all weather tires or snow tires for the winter months.

Many people indicate the stock audio is terrible. I have the harmon system and I am happy enough with it since im not a audio nut.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Advice would be to buy what you want, not what someone on here tells you.

When I went to the dealer I was planning on a base model Impreza, walked out with a WRX and have been smiling since.

I couldnt wait until tomorrow, I went and bought the WRX this evening. I cannot wait until the sun comes up so I can go put some more miles on it. It has 81 sitting in the driveway at the moment.
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Very much appreciated.

The Silver looks really good in bright sunlight, which I imagine you have a lot of down there. ;-)

Tint your windows and get a good windshield sun screen!

BTW, my fiancee is addicted to Fixer Upper, so I guess I have seen every single house in Waco at least once. It looks really cool on the show--didn't know there were so many neat houses and neighborhoods in that town.

I have spent a lot of time in San Antonio with the Air Force--only a short drive in Texas miles. I do like that part of the country.
    Current ride: 2017 WRX Premium in Ice Silver Metallic

Former rides: 2012 Subaru WRX Premium in DGM; 2011 BMW X3; 2005 Honda CRV ;2003 BMW Z4; 2002 Acura CL; 2001 Subaru Outback; 2001 Honda Accord Coupe; 1986 Audi 80; 1986 Saab 900; 1977 Toyota Celica

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWRX View Post
    Advice would be to buy what you want, not what someone on here tells you.

When I went to the dealer I was planning on a base model Impreza, walked out with a WRX and have been smiling since.
    I was researching a new Impreza, before the 2017s came out. I did it that I couldn't get both a sunroof AND manual transmission. That left me with only one choice....
    A BRAND NEW 2017 WRX!
    This is my first turbo car and I'm loving it!
    My last DD, for about 9 years, was a 2004 Legacy with sunroof AND manual transmission. The new WRX is virtually the same size and weight with 100 more horses. WAHOO!
    Last edited by pizza_pablo; 03-05-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

I have already put on 1950 miles in the two weeks I have had the WRX. I love driving this thing.
    I alerady got the windows tinted all around and thats it besides winter floor mats.
    I am really trying to find out what the cost would be to get the fog lights installed as I am not too confident in my ability to not royally screw up my car. I want to install fog lights, the C lights and mud flaps as the first three mods.
    I have seen a lot of different answers on the forum but I was want to see what you all say about my par4t8icular ideas. , thank you in advance everyone. And I am totally loving this car. I have to force my self to stay home and not go out and take the long curvy back roads here in central texas. So tempting.

welcome! Out of curiosity, what took you to Texas? As a lifelong PNW and current Kitsap county guy, just wondering. Congrats on the color, that's what I went with also. I did an all around tint of the WA legal limit of 30%, and a 8" front visor tint as well. It looks SO much better- and in Texas weather I am guessing blocking as much sun as possible is a good thing

I Was born in Austin but grew up in Federal Way, Auburn, Des Moines areas. Then went to Highline and Western Washington University so I know Kitsap very well. My brother still lives in Auburn and my parents live up my Mt Baker in Maple Falls. I have grandparents and even a great gma down here and I promised my gma I would take care of her when she got old and needed it and she and my gpa are both needing it now so I am here until they dont need it anymore. I plan on heading back up north afterwards hence the need for the all wheel drive subi. Texas, especially middle of nowhere texas where I live is so much different than up in the PNW. I miss it everyday. But I couldnt leave my gma down here, these are years I wouldnt ever get back with them. I will always be able to move back up there and I definitely will.
    And I did get the windows tinted, limo in the back and I think 25% for the front plus the front windshield strip. It looks really nice now. I dont have any good daytime pics but will soon. Attachment 282978

I Support ClubWRX
    drhawk,

Most importantly, you deserve so much credit for understanding the most important things in life, e.g., your family, in this case taking care of your grandparents. Good on you for being a great person, a "man" in the most important way.

Glad you are enjoying your '17 WRX. I love it, and while mine is loaded, that is a totally unimportant difference because your car is 100% as much fun to drive as mine.

As you asked for suggestions, most important one I can give you is to check your tire pressure, for so many WRX's are coming from dealers with the 40-42 "transport tire pressures," rather than their designed/functional 33/32 tires pressures (the PDI tech's are often screwing up and not lowering the tires pressure during initial dealership treatment).

As to suggestions, we each have our own tastes. Mine coincidentally is a Ice Silver Metallic one too. If you are looking for ideas as to what I modded, my mod link is in my signature box below, and if you ever wish, send me a private message and I will help all I can.

Does the break-in period still applies even to a car that has been driven by other testers who most likely would open the throttle wide open?

^ Yes.
    Or he is rolling down the street in his new slammed ride vaping out the window, enjoying the tow truck ride. - XJman

2017 ISM Impreza 5MT Hatchback Sport
    2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune (Sold)

Journal-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by drhawk View Post
    I have already put on 1950 miles in the two weeks I have had the WRX. I love driving this thing.
    I alerady got the windows tinted all around and thats it besides winter floor mats.
    I am really trying to find out what the cost would be to get the fog lights installed as I am not too confident in my ability to not royally screw up my car. I want to install fog lights, the C lights and mud flaps as the first three mods.
    I have seen a lot of different answers on the forum but I was want to see what you all say about my par4t8icular ideas. , thank you in advance everyone. And I am totally loving this car. I have to force my self to stay home and not go out and take the long curvy back roads here in central texas. So tempting.
    Congrats on the car, I'm still loving mine after a year and a half now.

The fog lights are a pretty easy install that is hard to screw up in any significant way. There are plenty of Youtube how to videos out there. The c lights are a little more involved unless you are just wanting to upgrade to an led bulb. I believe you have to take your headlight assembly apart to install the full led c lights that really look cool. Plenty of people do it on here and there are plenty of how to videos, but that is one of those mods that to me has all kinds of potential for an expensive screw up, so I've stayed away. Good luck if you try it, and enjoy driving your rare Texas beast!
    Having aspirations is not the same thing as achieving them. - Mr. Regular

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.