sensor location
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sensor location within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone , I need help on where to install an after market oil pressure sensor and an air/fuel sensor ...

sensor location

Hi everyone ,

I need help on where to install an after market oil pressure sensor and an air/fuel sensor. The gauges are already installed I just need to connect to the air/fuel and the oil sensor. Is there an oil plug that is not being used or do I tap into one that is used by the oil light... and if so whats the location on the motor and what fittings if any do I use for the oil sensor and the air/fuel . thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    i need to know what else to get to put my elec Autometer oil press gauge on. what do i need to put the sensor in the oil gallery plug on top of the block? which sensor should i get?

c'mon i know you guys can help.

you have 2 possibilities for the oil - you can either get a "sandwich" adaptor, that fits between the oil filter, or you can use the auxiliary sensor bung located on top of the block, under the intercooler. You can actually buy a combo pressure/temp sensor that will allow you to read both from one sender. I believe its standard 1/8" NPT thread. You need to get a sensor that's made to work with your gauge. Sensors are rated for specific impedence and ranges and this MUST match the impedence/range of your gauge. The thread on the pressure/temp sensors is standard.

as for the A:F, it depends. If you are looking for an approximate value, you can use the rear O2 sensor bung (that is, if you're using an aftermarket DP, and have chosen to discard the sensor). If you want "real" readings, you either have to get a wideband O2 bung (usually placed on top of the DP "bellmouth" or in the uppipe)...you will have to have this drilled/installed or purchase a pipe with a wideband bung already on it. Also, you may be able to find a sensor/gague that reads the A:F mixture from your ECU, although this reading may not be accurate, as some mods deliberately mess with the A:F mixture readings the ECU sees.
    Last edited by blarg; 03-23-2006 at 06:33 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sensors

thanks ill try them this weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.