Subaru WRX Forum banner

New to forum and Subi community!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Krad13 
#1 ·
Hello forum,

Recently discharged (honorably) from the Marine Corps and was in desperate need of a new car. I had a hand-me-down 2006 Suzuki Aerio, a free car is a free car though haha. Anyways, I got out and decided to get a new car as a EAS present for myself so I got a 2017 WRX Limited and I couldnt be happier with the decision. Im already looking to upgrade the cosmetics and eventually some stuff under the hood. I look forward to getting feedback from the community and I appreciate ahead of time for the help!

#3 ·
Props. For being a proffesional. Working hard. And leaving with a flawless record. You sir. I respect. And would buy you a whiskey to show it.
:beerchug:

Congrats on the new whip. Hope to see how you mod it.

#5 ·
I was Air Force, but I will tell you the Marines I worked with were Hard Core all the way. If they say they are going to do something, they do it.

Congrats on your acquisition--pictures always appreciated.

#8 ·
I was a physician assigned to Andrews AFB 1993-95 and Landstuhl Medical Center 1995-8. I also did a lot of training in San Antonio and was deployed to Guantanamo for awhile in 1994-5, where I worked with a lot of squids and jarheads.

I could've stayed in longer--was offered a position at Wilford Hall in San Antonio in '98, but the career prospects for my specialty were not great in the Air Force, so I took my chance to get out. I was gonna do active reserve after that, but that didn't work out for various reasons.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my time in. In many ways it was the best years of my life. I certainly got to see the world, especially Western Europe when I was at Landstuhl. (I had a 1986 Audi 80 when I lived in Germany--not too powerful, but a blast to drive on the windy German roads.)

#10 ·
I was deployed to Plattsburgh for a month in '95 as they were closing it down. Really nice place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.