Subaru WRX Forum banner

J-Pipe with Cobb Access-port

12K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  XJman 
#1 ·
I currently have the Access-port and was looking at getting a J-pipe for my 2016 WRX. First off I am wondering if I have to use a Cobb J-pipe with the AP or am I able to use any J-pipe with the AP. And What power gains with the AP can I expect? Any info will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I would suggest trying to find a meet to attend so you can hear them in person. The sound will be subjective, and also dependent on which CBE it is coupled with. My only other advice is to go catted.

#6 ·
Would gains in HP be diminished by sticking with a factory exhaust? I honestly have no problems with the stock system, but I'm strongly considering an aftermarket J-pipe, cold air intake, and the '17 Accessport once that is made available. I'm not all about having a loud car, I'm just looking for a reasonable bump in horsepower and torque without jeopardizing the integrity/reliability of the car. Are there specific J-pipes that are highly recommended that fit with the factory exhaust?

#5 · (Edited)
Power is niticeable but not huge with the generic maps. I have the Cobb resonated j pipe and it's really loud when I start it first thing in the morning. I can't imagine what it sounds like with un resonated or catless ones. Anyway these are stock, stage 1 ots and stage 2 ots using virtual dyno.
[/URL][/IMG]

This is after a tune by Cobb/Surgeline.

[/URL][/IMG]

#8 ·
This is the first time I have used this forum. I have a 2015 Wrx with a K&N typhoon air intake and Nameless muffler deletes. The car came with an SPT/Sti exhaust. I am looking to tune the car to Stage 2 from COBB, not the stage 2+. Would I need a J-pipe or would the car be fine without the J-pipe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.