DGM or WRB

• Dark Grey Metallic

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • World Rally Blue

Votes: 31 54.4%

2016 WRX color: DGM or WRB?

9K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Dark1 
#1 ·
rally blue or metallic grey? I live in WA if that helps any. Initially I wanted WRB but I'm entering the business world soon.. does it matter the color of my car from a professional standpoint? About 2-3 years from now I'll be starting my career search in marketing or finance related. DGM is classier/mean but WRB is beautiful as well!

#2 ·
The color of your car means nothing to anyone but you. I'm partial to both of those colors my wrx is a dgm and it's super clean looking. However blue is probably my favorite color on any car.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Both colors are nice. I have dgm. I chose this color because it's more subtle & the blue is more flashy in my opinion. I don't think the color of the car you buy will hurt your career prospects. Choose whatever color excites you.

#6 ·
I had a '15 DGM, it was totaled and then got a '15 CWP. I loved the DGM until I got the CWP. In my opinion, I could see more of the body lines and curves on the white. I just ordered a '17 WRB because I love looking at the blue when I see them on the road and I feel like I can see the body lines decently well on them as well. It does seem a little flashy, but to me, that color screams Subaru.

#8 · (Edited)
I had a DGM WRX and we currently have a DGM XT and I don't find it hard to keep clean...and the dust doesn't show that bad at all in my opinion. :dontknow:

EDIT: My friend is a patent lawyer and drives a turbo 350z that is LOUD AS HELL. He also owns quite possibly the fastest and loudest racing Neon I've ever been in. Don't worry about perception unless you're carting clients around all day/everyday. Get what you REALLY want. My vote is DGM though.

#10 ·
Just as a side note the WRB for the 15+ is not the same as the previous years. I believe it is slightly darker if that helps any. Who cares what color your car is. I have seen some high level corporate in a yellow Porsche do you not judge them only because of the brand? Just maybe dont get the CF hood and dont sticker bomb it and you should be ok.

#15 ·
As others have said don't worry about color/car at job unless you will be regularly carting around clients and even then having a cleaner car will be far more important than what color or type it is.

When I started my career in an accounting firm in the early 90's I got rid of a Jeep Wrangler as I thought it wouldn't be appropriate. As I was walking out of the office on my first day of work I saw the managing partner pull away with his tricked-out Wrangler. It took awhile for that palm mark on my face to go away and for me to stop cursing the Camry I bought to replace the Jeep.

#20 ·
I work in the extremely conservative world of private REITs and I drive a 2016 WRB STi Limited - and I didn't go for the spoiler delete option. So I drive one of the flashiest, most obnoxious cars out there in the loudest color, with a loud exhaust, and still manage to have a successful career in a conservative industry. FYI, I've been working in commercial real estate since you were in middle school or possibly even in elementary school, assuming that you are currently in college and about 19 or 20 years old. I even have a professional photograph of my car as the desktop background on my two 24" monitors.

FWIW, everyone at my office knows about my enthusiasm for Subaru and that I autocross regularly.

Now, if you're going to be driving clients around on a regular basis, I would *not* recommend an STi, especially one like mine with a loud exhaust. While the 2016 WRX premium and limited models have a slightly softer suspension than the base WRX or an STI, it's still not a cushy ride, so I would consider that, too.

#25 ·
I like dark colors like DGM and crystal black silica better on the wrx because of the blocky kind of look to it. They look a bit meaner in black and DGM in my opinion. Colors like red and blue I prefer on cars with more curves to them - cars with a more sexy look. My opinion of course. By all means get what you'll be happiest with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.