• DGM! Classy and Subtle!

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • WRB! It's a friggin WRX!

Votes: 44 53.0%

Ordering tomorrow... DGM or WRB...

6K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  Sasquatch 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

About to pull the trigger and get a 2016 WRX Premium tomorrow. Only accessories I'm going to add are the extended arm rest and the homelink auto-dimming mirror (I like integrated garage openers).

I just can NOT make up my mind between DGM or WRB!

I'm generally a more subtle person. I don't normally wear bright colors. My current car is a leased dark gray 328i. I really like the DGM color and it probably more fits my personality...

BUT - the rally blue is just so iconic WRX. It seems like it's the color the car was made to be in. When you see that color you instantly know what it is and I do like that pride in what I'm driving. Also I'm recently married and when I get my next car will probably have a kid. So in a sense this may be my last "young" car until I have my midlife crisis in 20 years :rolleyes:

So the option in my comfort zone. Classier. More subtle. Or go outside my comfort zone and just embrace the fact that I'm getting a loud, raw, rally inspired WRX.

While I know this is entirely opinion based... would love to hear people's last minute thoughts or see any pictures of 2015/16 gen WRX in DGM or WRB :thumbup:

Either way... excited to put down a deposit and end a several month long car hunt as I get ready for my lease to end :drive:

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to Club.
My advice:

Assign one heads and one tails.

Flip a coin.

If your heart sinks when you see how it lands, go the other way.

#4 ·
You can't go wrong with either choice.

I'm not sure about the WRB . . . but the DGM does tend to show the dirt much quicker than say a silver-colored car . . . this may or may not be a consideration.

Personally, I've reached the point where I tend to like my cars to be more on the subtle side . . . something that will blend in a bit unless someone is in the know . . . one reason why I really am not a fan of huge wings on cars or over-bearing exhausts. To me the DGM seems to be a good compromise between a color that is more brash (not that this is a bad thing since some folks love colors like the red) and a color where folks may have to take a second look (i.e. silver). Just my opinion of course . . . as I said . . . it's a WRX, you cannot go wrong with any of the colors.

#7 ·
I was going to buy a silver but found WRB in my price range. that was a no brainer. The DGM is an awesome color but I am personally partial to WRB in the WRX. Other cars different story. I think I agree with TheJ. if you don't care either way then the coin will help. if you do care it will let you know. Also remember that you are recently married, whats HER thoughts lol

#8 ·
I don't understand why people think that WRB is such a crazy color. It's... blue. A nice dark blue. Especially considering some of the wild colors on the market today, there's nothing edgy about World Rally Blue. Toss some gold wheels on it and then it becomes a bit edgy, but with nice dark wheels it looks subtle.

I voted gray, but I didn't know you were just coming from a gray car. I personally like to vary my colors. However, on something like a limited trim WRX, the gray does give a slightly more refined look than most colors.

When I purchased my WRX I chose white. I saved the 'iconic' WRB color for when I purchased my STI. Do whatever feels right.

#13 ·
Thanks for the input guys,

When torn between two options it's just nice to hear opinions and arguments. I appreciate it :)

It turns out that the dealer has WRB in stock, and a DGM on the way that I'd get around a week after my lease ends... so WRB wins!

#18 ·
I always wanted a wrb Subaru and that's what my 15 was. Great color and loved it. I have a white 16 now only because I didn't want to feel like I was buying the same car lol. This white is actually rather beautiful, tons of metal flake sparkle in it.

I park next to a dgm at work and his car looks fantastic, I also love the red but only when clean.

#19 ·
Deposit is paid! They put a sold sign on my car! I'm excited :)

Also, I think everybody here knows this... but holy crap Clint @ Heuberger is awesome.

My local dealership quoted me a base model for $5 less than Clint quoted me a premium... ya I think I'll take that $5 upgrade. Even with shipping to Seattle I'm still saving about a grand over the best deal I could get from a local dealership. (Granted, PNW is Subaru country so these things sell like crazy here)

#20 ·
Wait, how much are they charging for shipping and a premium? I live in Seattle as well. I ordered my WRX limited for $28,696 before taxes. Everyone else was selling the limited for $29,396 around here. WRX premium I would've gotten for about $31,000 Out the door.

#21 ·
With the homelink (which is like $300) and the arm rest extension (like $120) and including their dealer handling fee it's about $27.6k (pre tax). Shipping estimated around $925. Going to finalize tomorrow. So should be about $28.5.

Local dealer originally quoted me $29,577 pretax for a premium... They did come back and say $28.5 for a premium with no accessories, so probably $28.9 with accessories (don't know if their quote included handling fee or not)... but there are also almost no premiums in stock in the area right now, all are listed as "in transit" and that would leave me without a car for ~5 weeks

#26 ·
DGM Probably would have been my first choice...

But I like both, and WRB was in stock, and will be here before my lease ends, while the next DGM was in transit to the dealer and would have gotten here after my lease end... meaning I would have been without a car for a a couple days to a week (Makes commuting difficult)

So WRB it is. :)

#29 ·
Both good choices, can't go wrong either way. I would lean toward DGM but that's just me. I'm sure you would regret getting WRB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.