Subaru WRX Forum banner

Torque Dip - Resolved?

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  pizza_pablo 
#1 ·
Hello gang. For those of you with the 2016 WRX, do you experience the torque dip at around 4500 rpm? I read somewhere that Subaru fixed this issue, the throttle mapping, and most of the rev hang for the WRX. There was a tsb for the 2015's.

Those of you with the 2015's who had the TSB done, did it actually fix the issues?

Just curious!

Thanks all in advance for your replies!

#2 ·
I have not yet purchased my 16 WRX, but everything I have been reading and seeing from 16 owners... says the 5k rpm dip is still present on the new models. I plan on keeping my car stock - once I purchase - for the most part to not void warranty.... sooo.. the cobb accessport (which will get rid of the dip) is out of the question for me.

#3 ·
I had a 2015 WRX and the dip ruined it for me. Made me wish for the 2012 Hatch I sold to get it. I tried out Cobb stage 1 which fixed it all, but sadly had to un-marry and go to stock due to the gas in Cali being terrible and my DAM would never stay at 1.0. I ended up selling and getting a 2016 STI. I miss the mpg of the WRX but that dip drove me nuts. Thank you for your reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.