Subaru WRX Forum banner

Is your clutch at the end of the pedal

23K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BootayCrust 
#1 ·
Just wondering if this common? My clutch is really at the end of the pedal. Is this normal? Can it be adjusted? 2016 Limited.

#4 ·
If you mean 'engagement point' when you say "clutch is at the end of the pedal" then yes this is normal. It is not actually at the end, but is low on the pedal stroke. There is some adjustment but it looks (from the service manual) like maybe up to 1/2." But you would have to know what your are doing and be careful when adjusting - you don't want to end up with a slipping-the-clutch situation when the pedal is fully released.

#5 ·
At the end of the pedal, as in it engages at or near the floor?

I don't have much Subaru experience (yet), but for a new car/new clutch, that's pretty normal. As the clutch wears, the engagement point will actually move up in the pedal travel. It's the reverse of how you think it should work.

#6 ·
Our cars are known for their deep clutches. I assume you mean the engagement point is near the floor. The engagement point is adjustable, but not by very much - we're talking millimeters. That said, I once had my service department return my car with an unadjusted clutch pedal with an engagement point somewhere underneath the floor, and I got a new car out of it soooo.....

#9 · (Edited)
I should of been more clear. By end of the pedal I mean releasing your foot off the pedal. It is a long engagement. Imagine the clutch pedal pushed in all the way is 0% engaged and fully released its 100% engaged. The clutch begins to engage probably 15% of so off the floor and there is a last bit that catches me here and there and jerks you a bit. Obviously, we all slip it somewhat to keep things smooth but that last 10% can be a bitch. I don't dump it because I don't want to abuse the transmission.

Compared to my last manual I had, 06 Mustang GT @ 400 hp it's harder to drive the WRX smoothly. My main complaint is I wish the clutch would fully engage without your foot having to be fully off of the pedal. Probably just need more practice and get used to it. It is one of the harder manual transmissions to dive like butter when you want to.

Girlfriend prefers the Lexus LS.... Lol Calls the WRX a playboy car. I keep explaining to her that only guys check it out but it does not seem to matter...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.