First Subaru! 2016 WRX Limited with CVT
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

This is a discussion on First Subaru! 2016 WRX Limited with CVT within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked this baby up friday, not a clue what to do first.... I have tinted the windows and im ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2

    First Subaru! 2016 WRX Limited with CVT

    Just picked this baby up friday, not a clue what to do first.... I have tinted the windows and im about to **** with the speakers since subaru is stuck in the 80's with them. But **** its one hell of a car.... any break in tips? early mod tips?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    31
    GZ on the car! I'm a new owner myself(actually still waiting to GET the car as its being delivered) but honestly the car doesn't need much modding in my opinion. Now maybe for speakers or other comforts, but I'm talking about mechanically and otherwise, the car is very well equipped just as it is!

    In fact I've been lurking about for over a year since the 2015 came out and have watched countless exhaust and other mod threads/YT videos and honestly the stock setup sounds the best to me. Others might disagree but hey

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    15
    I definitely disagree. First thing I'm probably doing is go back to unequal length headers for that more authentic Subaru rumble. Don't get me wrong, the stock note is better than 90% of the other cars on the road, just not the deep rumble I've come to love and expect from a Subie.

  5. #4
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    4,150
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

    Break in tips - follow the owner's manual.

    First mod - Depends on what you want. A catback is a good choice. An AP wouldn't be a bad idea for Stage 1 OTS tune. You could get some new wheels and tires for better grip.

    Drive the car for a while and figure out where you think it's lacking. Mod that area.


    Quote Originally Posted by WRX7878 View Post
    I definitely disagree. First thing I'm probably doing is go back to unequal length headers
    WRONG!

    2015+ uses a twin scroll turbo. Putting UELH on would neuter the car. Sound < Power.
    My "Build" Thread!


    2015 VW GTI

    2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Guy, stoked about my purchase, pics to come.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Welcome!

    Break in tips - follow the owner's manual.

    First mod - Depends on what you want. A catback is a good choice. An AP wouldn't be a bad idea for Stage 1 OTS tune. You could get some new wheels and tires for better grip.

    Drive the car for a while and figure out where you think it's lacking. Mod that area.




    WRONG!

    2015+ uses a twin scroll turbo. Putting UELH on would neuter the car. Sound < Power.
    Honestly don't care. I'll forfeit the 3 h.p. and somehow survive

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Registered User strudinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Longmont, CO
    Posts
    1,494
    I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for Accessport

    The Stage 1 map is truly a must.

    Welcome!
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

    Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

  9. #8
    Registered User Goose42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX7878 View Post
    Honestly don't care. I'll forfeit the 3 h.p. and somehow survive

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Start a build thread, anxious to see this progression.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

    2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

  10. #9
    THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit Metro
    Posts
    1,754
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Just picked this baby up friday, not a clue what to do first.... I have tinted the windows and im about to **** with the speakers since subaru is stuck in the 80's with them. But **** its one hell of a car.... any break in tips? early mod tips?
    Welcome and congrats! I recommend driving the car stock for a while. You can do a CBE without a tune and enjoy a more aggressive sound instead. After you get used to the car and understand how it feels...feel free to go Stage 1 OTS/Protune to start with (be sure to datalog periodically). I recommended AGAINST going stage 2 or higher with the CVT for now since there has been evidence it cannot handle the additional power/TQ well without premature wear and damage. Give it some time so you can SAFELY upgrade. Cobb stopped development on their stage 2 OTS tune because of CVT issues. You've been warned.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    15
    Well, to be honest- I am a ways out. Not even buying a Subaru until my other car is paid off. I have been upping my payment to expedite the process. The only nice thing is it gives me lots of time to weigh my options. Just saying one of the biggest draws for me was the boxer rumble- it is unmistakable and I cant imagine a Subaru w/o it. So- if I do get a '15 or '16, as I am expecting to do, I will make the UELH work. By then I am sure the amazing Subaru community will have found a way make it work w/o sacrificing.
    As stated in my original post, I am still strongly considering a hawkeye Sti. Then I am good, I guess.

  12. #11
    THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit Metro
    Posts
    1,754
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX7878 View Post
    Well, to be honest- I am a ways out. Not even buying a Subaru until my other car is paid off. I have been upping my payment to expedite the process. The only nice thing is it gives me lots of time to weigh my options. Just saying one of the biggest draws for me was the boxer rumble- it is unmistakable and I cant imagine a Subaru w/o it. So- if I do get a '15 or '16, as I am expecting to do, I will make the UELH work. By then I am sure the amazing Subaru community will have found a way make it work w/o sacrificing.
    As stated in my original post, I am still strongly considering a hawkeye Sti. Then I am good, I guess.
    I think you need your own thread. You're kinda hijacking. Also, I suggest a used 2014 WRX or older if you're going to be modding right away and HAVE to have the UELH (not as efficient headers) for the 'rumble'. Which, IMHO, is a stupid reason to decide on a car.

  13. #12
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    4,150
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX7878 View Post
    Honestly don't care. I'll forfeit the 3 h.p. and somehow survive

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I would be much more than 3hp. As requested this will be the last I address this here. Please feel free to start your own thread about this topic.
    My "Build" Thread!


    2015 VW GTI

    2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I think you need your own thread. You're kinda hijacking. Also, I suggest a used 2014 WRX or older if you're going to be modding right away and HAVE to have the UELH (not as efficient headers) for the 'rumble'. Which, IMHO, is a stupid reason to decide on a car.
    And that's why we all have different preferences. But, cool, thanks for saying mine are "stupid". I am certainly not the first, nor the last, to say that the exhaust note factored into their decision of a car. There are plenty of awd cars with more hp, better interiors, etc. The "rumble" is a factor. Just sayin'.
    Sorry for the thread hijack, it was not intentional.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •