Subaru WRX Forum banner

Verticooler

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a 13 WRX and I want to upgrade my intercooler with the verticooler but I'm back and forth since I heard you still might get heat sink. Should I just go with FMIC? I currently have 300whp and I want 400 eventually which I know I'll need a bigger turbo and go E85. Also some say i should change my intake manifold with an STI one and currently they don't make a verticooler for that manifold. When should I consider doing a build for the internals HP wise to be safe as this is a daily driver for me. Any advice is appreciated!!

Thanks

#2 ·
#6 ·
good read man, yeah I'm def a noob when it comes to cars. I think I'm gonna just do a TMIC with a custom tune on the COBB AP and then do my brakes and internals last. eventually I wanna do track days out here in CO and I absolutely love sliding around turns coming up and down the mountains here. I used to live in jville, where about are you? I was off of girvin and atlantic near jax beach.

#7 ·
current mods are basically bolt ons such as intake, DP, CBE, custom tune and some suspension upgrades. I eventually wanna do track days a few times a year and I want a reliable engine with enough power to have fun but I know Ill need the brakes to handle the power as well clutch etc. I don't drag or even go looking for trouble on the streets, main reason i got a subi was to replace my civic which doesnt handle the mtns here all that well and I love being able to destroy a curve lol. honestly 400 just sounds like a good number but ive nvr driven anything with that much power and my car is a blast to drive now but i wouldn't mind a tiny bit more.

#8 ·
I live around Southside BLVD, North of Beach.

If you plan on driving track, take it to the track the way it is and get a feel as to what you personally need then make the upgrades. That is a great start so far so you are on the right track. I'd recommend going through some build threads to see what other people are doing and bounce some ideas off of them. I am not 100% in depth of what you can do you your ride to get what you want out of it. People can give you ideas but in the end, it is all on how you want the car to handle and spend money on.

This is going to be a daily driver for me with some spirited driving sometimes, so my only future mods that I see are: CAI, j-pipe, AP and for the hot weather a TMIC and TGV delete (which I am slowly researching but am in no rush so no big deal). Just want the car to breath well basically and add a little fun :)

And yes, please do not race on streets. It is always heart breaking to see someone's nice ride all tore up because they made/make stupid decisions on where to let loose, especially when innocent people are involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.