Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just kicked my 2015 WRX limited to the curb .

9K views 63 replies 27 participants last post by  Wolfedi 
#1 ·
She's a good gal and I'm sure she'll make some guy or gal very happy someday . But after 11 months I just felt our relationship was going nowhere .

I'm a jerk .

I followed my heart to the gal I was meant to be with in the first place .

Say Hello

2016 Subaru base model STI , Happy 50th Birthday to Me !!!

See less See more
#8 ·
STI looks great any plans so far?

Slow down there Francis we need to get to know each other first ... Get it , Francis from Stripes ? Anyway

Clear bra , tint and break in . In that order[/QUOTE]

Don't touch my stuff or I'll kill you. Settle down Francis!
Stripes is a classic.
I have the clear bra on my 13 well worth it.
Make sure they offer a replacement warranty.
Mine peeled a little after 2 years. I brought my car to the dealer and the whole thing was replaced.

#25 ·
Absolutely fantastic looking car. Congrats on the upgrade! I was also considering the Sti as well but waited for the 2016 model year to see if they were going to bring the FA20DIT found in the JDM Sti to the US. Once they said they weren't going to change the motor I decided to save a little bit of money and go with just the WRX. Great cars both ways though.

#26 ·
I don't recall anybody else mentioning this which is weird .

This car is soo much more docile and easier to drive in stop and go traffic . The transmission coming from a 2015 WRX , is a dream ! 1st to 2nd shifts childs play , silky smooth . It is soo much more manageable in an urban setting that it's just plain silly .

I'm at 370 miles , hoping to knock out the break in the next several days . Put 190 miles on it today .

#30 ·
I've only driven the Sti a little bit and had the salesperson in the car with me so I wasn't able to get into boost territory. I did notice the stiffer suspension and the heavier clutch but you are ABSOLUTELY spot on about the shifter. The shifter in the WRX is cable operated but the Sti is direct linkage. I'm still adjusting to the WRX shifter myself (coming from an FRS) and the WRX shifter just feels super sloppy and you have to be very deliberate to make sure you don't miss the gates. When I drove the Sti it felt much better and finding the gears was completely natural. If I could change just a few things about the WRX it'd definitely be the steering mechanism and the shifter. Those aren't very big gripes but considering those are the things you touch the most while driving I do feel it's kind of a major importance.

#32 · (Edited)
Had my 1,000 mile break in oil change today . Did it in 6 days and very little of it on the interstate . Mostly secondary roads in SC , I live in Charleston .

Here are some pics from Saturdays 360 mile quest for break in .

Starting out Saturday

You are in SC , Summerville to be exact .

Aiken ,
Gophers and Tortoise in the same place ? Count me in !

Wonderful banked road on Hwy 21 south .

Beaufort SC

Hunting Island

Clipped 1,000 miles on the way back to Charleston .

This is how I celebrated .

Cheers :drive:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.