Subaru WRX Forum banner

2016 STI - Text message through Starlink?

16K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  marrlin 
#1 ·
I have not been able to get the new infotainment system to show my Text messages from my phone, Moto X 2014. I also tried an iPhone, Nexus 5, and Samsung Galaxy S5. All pair just fine, but no envelop icon.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks!

#9 ·
Many features will not work through mere bluetooth connection you have to plug it in to the USB connection on the 2015. You may try that to see if it works through hard connection at least.

#14 ·
Got my '16 WRX Limited to display and read texts, (displays text only when stopped). Very cool. Running a iPhone 6. I believe it works with bluetooth or USB for me. I wish I could voice recognition replies vs. the short list of replies to choose from. I did two thing that made it work ( because it didnt at first)
1.) I turned on "show notifications" in my phone bluetooth menu under the "Subaru" connection.
2.) I downloaded the Starlink app and installed it. ( I believe this is what got it to work)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.