Soon to be new 2016 WRX owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Soon to be new 2016 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been a long time lurker here and have been wanting to get a WRX for the last 5 ...

Soon to be new 2016 WRX owner

I have been a long time lurker here and have been wanting to get a WRX for the last 5 years but haven't had the finances in order to make it happen. Graduated last year and after a year of working decided to finally pull the trigger on a new WRX in Lapis blue. To give an idea of where I'm coming from here is my current ride which has held out well for the past 10 years: http://i.imgur.com/hob7XVN.jpg

While I'm waiting for my wrx to come in I've put together a long list of intended mods over the next few years.

sorted from first to get to last.

clear bra
    cquartz
    auto dim mirror
    window tint
    rally armor
    aos-still researching how much the wrx needs this
    center console
    weather tech
    radar detector
    winter tires and rims
    dash cam
    perrin shifter bushing and stop
    lighter crankshaft pulley
    led interior lights

Hoping to do all these at once so I only need to pay once for tuning.
    cobb accessport
    nameless turboback 5" mufflers
    cold air intake
    TGV deletes
    3 port boost controller
    Last edited by physwm2501; 05-18-2015 at 04:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Hello and welcome!

Congrats on finally being able to get the Rex!

Fantastic list of mods to get!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Congrats! I hope the wait won't be too bad for ya.
    2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sold!
    2016 WRX Estimated to arrive the last week of July!

Super excited! My delivery is set for July, just waiting to get my vin.

Also forgot to add winter tires to my mod list

Quote Originally Posted by TSlop View Post
    Congrats! I hope the wait won't be too bad for ya.
    What trim and color did you go with?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! After pulling out and deleting my TVGs, I can say that the WRX definitely needs a catch can or AOS. The oil residue after 2.5K miles was pretty bad.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

Quote Originally Posted by physwm2501 View Post
    What trim and color did you go with?
    ISM WRX Limited 6sp, no packages, but added the auto-dimming/compass mirror. Dealer through in free all weather mats. How'd you spec your lapis blue WRX on your order?
    2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sold!
    2016 WRX Estimated to arrive the last week of July!

Quote Originally Posted by TSlop View Post
    ISM WRX Limited 6sp, no packages, but added the auto-dimming/compass mirror. Dealer through in free all weather mats. How'd you spec your lapis blue WRX on your order?
    I went with the premium trim with no options. Decided to add my own auto-dimming mirror because I liked their new frameless mirrors: http://mito-auto.com/index.php?optio..._category_id=1

Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    Welcome! After pulling out and deleting my TVGs, I can say that the WRX definitely needs a catch can or AOS. The oil residue after 2.5K miles was pretty bad.
    What AOS do you recommend? I was planning on slapping one in right at the dealer when I pick mine up

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. It will be fun. You won't slap an AOS on right at the dealer, it's a little more involved than that. I suggest the Crawford or Perrin. Both are "maintenance free" but the Perrin has the option of taking the bottom off for cleaning.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Welcome. It will be fun. You won't slap an AOS on right at the dealer, it's a little more involved than that. I suggest the Crawford or Perrin. Both are "maintenance free" but the Perrin has the option of taking the bottom off for cleaning.
    I'll have to look into both, have plenty of time to decide unfortunately. I'll have to look into the install, I think I saw some instructions that required the intercooler to be removed or at least partially. I have a 1000 mile drive home from the dealer so I would like to get it installed right away. Going to make a 2 day trip out of it since I don't want to out that many Highway miles on durring break in.

I Support ClubWRX
    1000 Miles?!?!?
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Colorado to Minneapolis

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by physwm2501 View Post
    Colorado to Minneapolis
    Why wouldn't you just buy in CO?

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Why wouldn't you just buy in CO?
    Buying in Colorado then driving it home to Minneapolis. The pricing was far better there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.