Picked up my 2015 WRX GBP
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Picked up my 2015 WRX GBP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up my car on Thursday, the car wasn't supposed to be in til the end of the month but ...

Picked up my 2015 WRX GBP

Picked up my car on Thursday, the car wasn't supposed to be in til the end of the month but I'm not complaining. The car is just plain out awesome IMO. I was reading reviews about Rev hang and stuff, yes I do feel it but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I haven't went over 4k purposely, but the car gets there quickly so I may of went over several times.

The bad news is that I have a small paint chip already on the rear quarter, the Galaxy blue is too damn nice to chip and that kind of scares me..

Now I'm debating what to do next, it's either tint or a new head unit (I bought a base model). If anyone can recommend a good navigation head unit that's not crazy priced, please share. At the end of the day, I love the car and can't wait to see what it's got after break in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    New head unit won't help that paint. Get some opti-coat and rallyarmors
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    New head unit won't help that paint. Get some opti-coat and rallyarmors

Ugh ya, I have already heard bad things about Subaru paint quality. I'm going to throw flaps on immediately to help diminish the occurance. But congrats on the new car!

I Support ClubWRX
    Mudflaps and a clear bra were the first two things I slapped on the car within the first 100 miles. Gotta protect that investment! Anyways, welcome and congrats!

We also need pics! Don't leave us hanging
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

How much was the bra? I'm thinking of doing that but not a fan of mud flaps. I'll get pics hopefully soon!

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought it on Amazon and did it myself. It took about an hour to do the first 10" of so of the hood. Install was easy, and you can't see it unless you are really looking for it. There's a ton if Youtube videos out there on how to apply it.

http://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Cle...dp/B004VG6KI0/
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    yea Subaru paint quality isn't too good lol
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Enjoy you nice, shiny, swirl-free GBP while it's new. You'll give up caring by the fifth lazy wash or when your 4 year old brushes past it for the third time. Well, I did anyway. Then add a harsh winter, and your GBP becomes "Meh" in the wrong lighting. Well, mine is like this... and I like it every bit as much!

Seriously? Your blue is pretty bad just from one winter? Now I might have to find an opticoat shop... Wth

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep it waxed, never use "waterless car wash" products, only use micro fiber towels. It should last much longer than one winter.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo777 View Post
    Seriously? Your blue is pretty bad just from one winter? Now I might have to find an opticoat shop... Wth
    We have pretty harsh winters with no place to bucket wash, but even then I found the paint started to swirl after the first couple of hand washes (April 2014, and I wasn't overly careful or particular in any way). If you are more careful you might be able to avoid that. Does OptiCoat protect against swirls? My dealer suggested that it only prevents the colour from fading so I didn't bother with it, but if it does then you should get it.

I also don't have the time or patience to care too much about how I wash my cars, but if you do then yours will stay newer for much longer. I especially don't care as I also have a (now) 5 year old taking things in and out of the garage from around my car and he occasionally brushes something against it. I can't blame him - he tries hard not to, and in the bigger scheme of things he's much more important to me than the car. I was resigned to this before buying new so that might be a part of what I don't care so much.

Don't let me put you off - as swirled up as my car is, the colour is still great. Even after a year I still get the occasional comments about it

Paint protection absolutely.

I looked into doing it myself, but ended up having a pro do it. Costed alot but it came with a warranty since he was a authorized installer...plus it was end of Jan and I needed it done ASAP b4 salt damage.

I've been reading alot about plasti dip lately and there is a plasti dip option for a clear bra. You put down 3 or 4 coats of clear dip, then 1 or 2 of top clear gloss. Dunno if anyone here has tried it, but sounds like an option.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ plastidip will eat away your clear coat and paint if its left on too long amd gets baked from the sun
    Stinkeye member 520

Congrats and welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.