Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 wrx burning smell

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TownLine500 
#1 ·
So I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything that really answers my question. So my 15 wrx has just over 2k miles and I've babied it until very recently, making sure I followed the break in procedure. Even still I drive very easily, never launched it and only take occasional pulls. I have always had manual cars so I know how to drive and I don't believe I'm slipping clutch, but I can't help but smell a faint clutch burning smell after semi hard driving( at least that is the closest comparison). And by semi hard I mean a few intermittent pulls around 4500-5000rpm and I'm usually driving normally for 25-30 minutes first. The smell is only outside the car and I can only smell it after backing into my garage (flat ground) and it disappears quickly, but I'm still worried something might be wrong. There is no smoke.I've heard of new engine smells but only for a few hundred miles not 2k. Any input is greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
My 13 did that to for roughly a thousand miles.
It went away after that. My friends car had the smell for like 3k.
Seems to be normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.