wrx new vs. now

This is a discussion on wrx new vs. now within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey y'all. I drive an '03 wrx and am curious if people have noticed changes in their car as compared ...

wrx new vs. now

Hey y'all. I drive an '03 wrx and am curious if people have noticed changes in their car as compared to it when it was brand new. My wrx has only 22,000 miles on it. I don't drive it often since I didn't bring my car to school, so it sits at home and my dad drives it around occasionally. Recently, though, when I've driven it, I've noticed that I can hear the engine more. The turbo spool is much more noticeable too. (I like it!) The turbo spool also seems to be a lot smoother, especially in 2nd gear. I remember it being a bit jerky when it was newer. Well I know there's nothing wrong, but am curious if everybody else notices the same things or if I'm just hallucinating.

-Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your dad went stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Joris
    Your dad went stage 2

Engines gain a little umf when the stuff wears a little, and junk moves more freely. (sorry for being overly technical)

Quote Originally Posted by Joris
    Your dad went stage 2
    Haha, that'd be awesome. Go dad!

i wish my dad would go stage II Lmao

^ that's what I was going to suggest. Even though he's your dad, I bet he still has some 'kid' in him that was let out when you ventured off to college, keys in his hand
    to him if he did
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Wanna trade dads? Nothing like a ride thats been around the block a few times

Hehe, it's funny. My dad and I have our roles reversed. He's nearly 60, but I drive like the 60 year old and he drives like the aggressive 20 year old. I've actually had to remind him to go easy on the car before.

Yep, he's still got that 'kid' in him. I never really saw it in him since he usually conservatively drives a van around. What a wrx can do for a 60 year old...

Haha, I'm bored, so I'll explain what happenned. When I was 18, I was driving around a used '88 Acura Legend 5mt. I enjoyed driving it but it started having problems, so I mentioned and considered trading that car for a newer civic for reliability and practical reasons. I just needed something reliable to get me to and from school. My dad knew that I liked the wrx. Just a car that I admired--that I put on my computer desktop...that kind of thing. But I never really thought of getting it. Know what I mean? I was more worried about how to pay for college. However, my dad liked it too...so he suddenly decided that we should get one (his mid-late life crisis). I went along with it. Haha, who cared what mom said. LOL. Although I knew it probably wasn't a great idea considering how young I am and insurance etc, but how could I refuse having a wrx at home???

I did all the research online and worked to save up some extra money. From the money that I'd saved thinking I'd get a civic, I had a total of $8000. Dropped all that on the down payment, and rolled home with Dad in a wrx. So much for college savings...

So now I'm in college and I don't even drive it. It's now dad's weekend toy. And yes, he should go stage II. Imagine that: a 60 year old driving a stage II wrx.

Your lucky...my dad calls all subarus and audis (forgive my language) "fa**it cars" I hate it when he talks about them like that but he still wont stop me from buying one right out of college. I will drive home, rev the engine and that will change his mind! He is more of a muscle car kind of guy so he things 4 cylinders are worthless. I have a feeling his hate for the car makes me want to get it even more!

Funny thing is he loves mitubishi. I bet he would love an EVO and hate a STI. :/