New Member Introduction
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Member Introduction within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, Here's my obligatory introduction. About 2 weeks ago I ordered a '15 CBS base STI. Delivery scheduled for December. ...

New Member Introduction

Hello,

Here's my obligatory introduction. About 2 weeks ago I ordered a '15 CBS base STI. Delivery scheduled for December. I've always wanted a WRX, and now I have one. Or will have one. Eventually.

This is my first Subaru, and my first non-domestic car. Well, I did own a Mazda 323 at one point, but if you can go to the Ford dealership to buy parts that doesn't count as foreign.

I've been a Mopar guy for many years. I used to own a 2.4L boosted 1st Gen Neon. I loved that car, but once the engine was swapped it became useless as a daily driver. If I had a pet parrot in the garage it would've quickly learned the sentences "How the hell did that break?", "What's that smell?", and "Well that doesn't fit... At all. WTF." very quickly. So I bought a brand new '07 Caliber to get me to work and back (and to the parts shop).

Not long after I moved for a new job, and didn't have a place to work on the Neon. Without a workshop (and with just the Caliber) my interest in cars dulled over time, taken over by other hobbies and the routine demands of life.

That brings me to about a month ago. My parents are moving, so I had to get rid of what remained of the Neon in their garage. I had pulled the engine and scrapped the shell a few years ago. During the long drive I starting reminiscing about how much fun cars can be, and seeing the old engine hanging off the stand I had made up my mind to buy a new car.

While I wanted a WRX, specifically an STI, I initially dismissed it as too expensive and instead had my eye on a BRZ. The morning I was to go into the dealership was unusually cold, raining and 12C, which made me think about winter. That then made me think of the BRZ's RWD and 0.1" ground clearance. I looked at my finances again and figured an STI wasn't out of reach. I still took the BRZ out for a test drive, fun car, but definitely impractical as a daily driver. So I went for the STI. And here I am. Waiting.

Anyways... I hope you enjoy the holiday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Welcome! Enjoy the wait period, take advantage of the time to arrange a list of mods, research, etc. It will be there before you know it
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.