Programmer required?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Programmer required? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, please don't flame me too bad. I've been reading and googling and trying to pin down something accurate. ...

Programmer required?

Hi all, please don't flame me too bad. I've been reading and googling and trying to pin down something accurate. I was wondering if I need a programmer for an intake and an axle back? Some people say no and some say yes. I know once a blow off valve is installed then yes, but I don't have any plans on doing that until next year. My goals were a better tone and intake. I was going to try and work on suspension before stage 2. Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    no for the axleback & yes depending on what intake.

Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the link wrxtreme06. Just needed some guidance.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dooku77 View Post
    I know once a blow off valve is installed then yes..

Not sure where you got that information.. an atmospheric blow off valve can't really be tuned for.

The intake will need a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Not sure where you got that information.. an atmospheric blow off valve can't really be tuned for.

The intake will need a tune.
    I read it on another source. That the engine will expect air to be there that gets vented causing the backfiring. I have much to learn. I think the guy was using a 50/50 bov

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dooku77 View Post
    I read it on another source. That the engine will expect air to be there that gets vented causing the backfiring. I have much to learn. I think the guy was using a 50/50 bov

Well that's right.. but you can't change how the air is vented in the tune, if you vent the air to atmosphere, then it's gone.. doesn't really have anything to do with the tune. The tune calculates fueling based off of the MAF readings, and you would be venting the air AFTER it has been read by the MAF and the amount of fuel for the air has already been calculated. No matter what you do with the tune (short of blowthrough or speed density), it's still going to dump the correct amount of fuel for the air that was going into the engine before it got vented.

That's great info MainFrame. Thanks. I know I definitely want to do an axle back exhaust for now but I might wait then on the intake.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.