new to me

This is a discussion on new to me within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. A mid age man that loves hot cars. been racing Mopars for most of my life and still ...

hwp

new to me

Hello everyone. A mid age man that loves hot cars. been racing Mopars for most of my life and still love them. However. Lately what is coming in from dodge has been awful as far as reliability. Looked at a WRX today and loved it. Have not driven one yet. But coming from a 13 Dart 1.4 6 speed. How do you think I will like the WRX?And what has been the most trouble with the Subaru's? Looking for honest answers. I am so tired of dealing with crappie dealers and cars from the pen star gang. This car will be for my wife to drive to work every day, and enjoy some fun driving on the weekends. Great site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you are thinking about a 2015 WRX, GO DRIVE ONE lol.
    The WRX/STI is a world of difference from your Dart. The WRX is a well rounded car, the newest version 2015 gives you better fuel economy and a much tighter ride than the 2011-2014 version. I currently own a 2013 WRX, and prior to that a 2004 WRX. With a few upgrades the 2011-2014 WRX/STI are a great choice. Where are you from? I live in New England, where these cars are excellent in the snow and ice (You do need winter tires for best results) Most of us myself included have 2 sets of wheels (Summer Winter) I have had no issues in the bad weather. My family are Subaru people my Mom drives an Impreza, my younger brother drives a Forester.
    You will find as you drive your Subaru WRX/STI everyone who owns one will give you the WRX wave
    Go to your local dealer and test drive one. Believe me driving a WRX everyday is an experience. I have driven them for almost 5 years, and I still can't stop smiling. I hope this helps you.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

hwp
    thanks for the replies. I am from Ga. Atlanta area. I live far out in sticks. about 40 miles from Atlanta. Yes looking for a good car. Love the Dart looks. Love all the goodies. Have 27000 miles on it and had nothing but trouble (and not the first Dodge to give them to me) I already have the very fast car. (74 Duster). Looking for a good looking (WRX has it) that will be good on gas and fun to drive when I get to. Also want my wife to have a good car that looks good. No dealers close. About a hour away. But. I am willing to go anywhere to get a good one at a good deal. Also, What are the diffs between the WRX and the STI. Or is it a option. Looking at the site. Its hard to tell.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    74 Duster you #%%**#%. No I'm kidding I love them my Dad a 360 Duster, I still miss that car.
    He sold it to a 23 year old guy who swore up and down he would be careful, he totaled it a week later:

Also are you thinking about 2015 WRX/STI?
    Or an older one?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

hwp
    new 2015. Not many to chose from around here. Only 6 dealers in the area, and they are limited on what they have. I guess this is a fast moving auto.
    2006 Dodge Ram Meggacab 2500 CTD
    2001 Jeep GC
    2013 Dart Rally 1.4 (for now)
    74 Duster 512ci 4-speed Dana
    68 Plymouth Val
    72 GMC 1500 Custom (Dads Truck)