New 2015 WRX Paassenger Footwells Flooded

This is a discussion on New 2015 WRX Paassenger Footwells Flooded within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought a brand new 2015 WRX Limited a little more than 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday I returned to ...

New 2015 WRX Paassenger Footwells Flooded

I bought a brand new 2015 WRX Limited a little more than 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday I returned to my car to find the passenger side footwells flooded (approximately 1" or more in the rear and about 1/4" to 1/2" in the front). In fact, the reason I noticed the water was there was because of a sloshing noise like a fish tank as I came to my first stop. Everything else above the water line was bone dry (there were no windows down, sunroof was closed). The water was still standing Saturday night and there was still water on the flooring Sunday morning.

It rained Saturday afternoon, but nothing compared to the amount it rained the previous Thursday and other days shortly after I bought the car.

I took the car to my nearest dealer this Monday and was told they were too busy to do anything about it and bring it back on Wednesday. They've had the car now since Wednesday and have found nothing wrong. I asked about any clogged drains or if the AC condenser could have affected it but they said no. This brings me to a couple of questions:

1. Because this is such a new car I cannot find anything specifically about this being a problem on the new WRXs, but have read about it occurring in Forresters and Outbacks every now and then. If they say there is no clog, any ideas what might be causing this? Has anyone else had this problem?

2. They have told me the car will not be ready until Tuesday at the earliest. To me, this seems like an unreasonable amount of time to re-install the interior components, but I am no expert. I've already had delayed service problems with this dealership before so am I just being paranoid or should it really take almost a full week to complete this job?

Thanks for reading. I've attached some pics as well from the Sunday morning after it occurred (the movies are too large).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car_01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	164001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car_02.jpg 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	164009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car_03.jpg 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	164017

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've noticed a minute amount of water leaking into my rear hatch channels (2013) I've since corrected. But nothing of the nature you're experiencing... Disturbing. Let us know what you find out...although based on your description of the dealership service .........
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Tuesday sounds about right for a dealer. When they need to take apart something as time consuming as this they're also going to be working on other customers cars that can and need to be done that day so unfortunately the tech working on yours is going to put your car on the back burner since your isn't the only one he has to work on
    My first guess would have been the a/c drain

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Tuesday sounds about right for a dealer. When they need to take apart something as time consuming as this they're also going to be working on other customers cars that can and need to be done that day so unfortunately the tech working on yours is going to put your car on the back burner since your isn't the only one he has to work on
    My first guess would have been the a/c drain

Thanks for the input guys. I'll update if it happens again. Its pretty frustrating to have that happen to after having it for less than 10 days when my last one went 5+ years without even a hiccup.

In the past I had mysterious flooding in a Legacy, which turned out to be caused by plugged drain channels from the sunroof. That might be worth checking.

Chris