New 2009 WRX Owner!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2009 WRX Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just recently bought a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX (sedan) with 69,000 miles. I am 17 years old and was ...

New 2009 WRX Owner!

I just recently bought a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX (sedan) with 69,000 miles. I am 17 years old and was driving around my mom's '05 Honda CRV before I decided to buy my own Subaru. They guy I bought it off of kept the car VERY clean and I could tell it was maintained very well. He instructed me keep the oil very clean and top it off with Royal Purple every 900 or so miles; with a full oil change every 3000 miles. He had a Subaru SPT Exhaust put on at 5,000 miles and that was the only performance upgrade he put on the car. Besides the exhaust, he had 35% tint added to all windows. (I think it looks very nice and blends well with the Silver-ish exterior color) Ever since I bought the car I have been salivating over all the different builds and kits I see on other WRX models and there is so much I want to do with the car. I was wondering if anyone could help direct me in the right path to get the correct upgrades and improvements I need to make the WRX even nicer then it already is. I am fairly new to these forms so any response or encouragement would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and good luck with the car
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Honestly, I would only recommend you look into an intake + Acessport. Going beyond that gets expensive for parts, and repairs.

If you want more then go downpipe, intake, Accessport. Stop.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new car! How did you afford that?? Funny because I was also driving around in my mom's 2003 CRV because my insurance was too high before I bought this car a month ago. I'm 23. Recommended mods would be Short Shifter, Shifter Bushings, Downpipe, and a tune. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR PAST 3000 RPMS ON YOUR WAY TO GET A TUNE after you put the downpipe on. Only drive the car to get a tune or flash the car immediately after putting the downpipe on. Can't stress that enough! Tuning the car is an absolute necessity after putting aftermarket parts on your car. You will ruin it if you don't!
    Enjoy and BE SAFE! Not going to be fun losing the car due to speeding tickets or an accident. I learned the hard way when I was younger and hope you don't learn the same way I did!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella_the_WRX View Post
    I just recently bought a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX (sedan) with 69,000 miles. I am 17 years old and was driving around my mom's '05 Honda CRV before I decided to buy my own Subaru. They guy I bought it off of kept the car VERY clean and I could tell it was maintained very well. He instructed me keep the oil very clean and top it off with Royal Purple every 900 or so miles; with a full oil change every 3000 miles. He had a Subaru SPT Exhaust put on at 5,000 miles and that was the only performance upgrade he put on the car. Besides the exhaust, he had 35% tint added to all windows. (I think it looks very nice and blends well with the Silver-ish exterior color) Ever since I bought the car I have been salivating over all the different builds and kits I see on other WRX models and there is so much I want to do with the car. I was wondering if anyone could help direct me in the right path to get the correct upgrades and improvements I need to make the WRX even nicer then it already is. I am fairly new to these forms so any response or encouragement would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Dam buddy!
    When I was that age it was 1999, and I had a 1994 Ford Taurus. I parked it in the teachers lot so I could sneak out of school.
    The mod cars then were fox body Mustang and Firebird/Camaro Z28. Import tuners had only just got going in the US. That's awesome that you scored a WRX for YOUR first car. Right now really focus on learning to drive your Rex properly. DONT MOD ANYTHING for at least 5,000 miles or an oil change. A WRX is a crazy upgrade from a Honda Crv. BE careful out there you have nothing to prove, people know how fast that car is.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Re weld or reinforce the clutch spot welds on the firewall
    Stinkeye member 520

Thanks for the response man! I've actually been working since I was 12 as a caddy. I made around 6-8k a summer so I had a lot of money saved up I also just got a scholarship for college so I figured I could get a nicer car! I will definitely consider the upgrades, thanks!

Congrats fella, photos?
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.