Subaru Wants to Make Impreza a Sexy, WRX-y Thing - Motor Trend WOT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Wants to Make Impreza a Sexy, WRX-y Thing - Motor Trend WOT within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru Wants to Make Impreza a Sexy, WRX-y Thing - Motor Trend WOT...

Subaru Wants to Make Impreza a Sexy, WRX-y Thing - Motor Trend WOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, the next impreza will look better than the WRX by the sound of it. But hey, the next WRX will be an aggressive version of the 2016 impreza.
    We all can agree the wrx concept is a good looking car.

I think the WRX looks alot like the concept except for the huge wheels and neon calipers and exhaust.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

I agree. I took photos of a limited wrx at the same angles of the concept google images and you can definitely see the design cues. Don't know what everyone is complaining about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like a WRX and a BRZ had some alone time in the tool shed.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Am I the only one who didn't like the concept? It just seems so......chunky.
    2014 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by 2014WRX View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't like the concept? It just seems so......chunky.
    I think the concept looks great (if you like 20 inch wheels and neon) except for the back. The back looks short and missing something. Like all this action is going on up front and all and you get to the back and all you got is some angled lights and neon exhaust. Same exact thing on the new WRX, except they took off the angled lights and neon exhaust and now you have just "short and missing something"

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't buy the concept. The roofline alone makes the car useless. The wheels could be corrected I suppose but the body itself can't.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I wouldn't buy the concept. The roofline alone makes the car useless. The wheels could be corrected I suppose but the body itself can't.
    Explain.

If Subaru put some machine guns up front and you got sharks with freakin laser beams. That would be cool.

One thing I like about WRX and STi' is the space inside. Alot for a sporty car.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The door looks really high to make up for the low roof, but I do have a hard time picturing someone sitting back there.

Is there a hatch version planned?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    The door looks really high to make up for the low roof, but I do have a hard time picturing someone sitting back there.
    I can't imagine sitting back there.

I hope so. I'd think they'll sell lots of hatches.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I would love to have that 5 door back.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post

I see what you mean now. People in the rear seat don't have much headroom. But the new WRX looks very similar so I assume the new WRX has good headroom.

Subaru has hinted at maybe a hatch in the future because people seem to want one real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I can't imagine sitting back there.
    That. Also, one of the things I really liked about my Subaru was visibility out of the cockpit. Low rooflines and high belt lines tend to eradicate that.

Sent from the beer depository.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Honest to God this is stupid looking. I don't like the Brz or the 15 wrx....this is both of those combined plus more ugly.

Even if it has more power Helen Keller would pass on this.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.