Subaru WRX Forum banner

Front license plate bracket recomends

11K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  pizza_pablo 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to buy a front license plate mount that fits the stock holes? For a 2015

#8 ·
I just put some rubber washers between the plate and the car until I feel like dishing out $70 for front and back license plate frames. Works just fine and it's pretty much free :)

#11 ·
Either way you need you need well nuts. There's one mounting kit someone makes where they give you nuts to mount behind to screw into. However for WRX/STis you have to take off the front cowl to get back there unlike I believe it's the Forester.

The Subaru license plate brackets come included with rubber stick on spacers so the bracket and plate won't make impressions on your bumper.

#12 ·
#17 ·
I just bought a tow hook kit from eBay for $46 shipped DS, exact same one as on GrimmSpeed site too just not the name brand I guess? and very similar to the Perrin one

No drilling and a nice alternative to the traditional "front and center" look IMO

#18 · (Edited)
#19 ·
Not to hijack this thread...as I just ordered the license plate bracket recommended by Blue15WRX but, is there any reason a license plate delete that would "fit" a 2015 STI would NOT fit a 2015 WRX? Found one that i like but says it will only fit the 2015 STi...arent all license plate holes created equal?

#20 ·
I believe they are the same, but I'm not a real parts counter clerk, I only stayed at a Holliday Inn Express, last night.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
#23 ·
Two tiny (think 1/8") drilled holes downward into the painted part of the fascia that sticks "forward" and is immediately below the lower grille. However, I always first use 3M industrial grade two-sided tape (no substitutes), bought from Amazon for $12.99 (first always removing all two-sided tape that comes with all aftermarket parts and then using the 3M as per below after using IPA (denatured alcohol to clean the painted area before placing the 3M tape on it).

Skene's box comes with all parts, save and except perhaps not the drill bit, but it might include that also).

Automotive wheel system Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.