Struggling to have fun in my STi - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Struggling to have fun in my STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist When I first got my car I lived in KS. Four way stop signs, straight roads, ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    When I first got my car I lived in KS. Four way stop signs, straight roads, a short commute.... It was disappointing to say the least. However, even there I eventually found some fun drives in and around the flint hills.

Around here the roads have internet names, or better yet are relatively remote and unknown. Some of them actually just say "resume safe speed" as in normal people/cars can only go 55 mph safely in certain places, but they aren't going to bother putting up all the corner warning signs telling you to slow down. It gets really entertaining when the question is really "how much below the "speed limit" do I HAVE to go to get around this corner.

To me, that is what fun in a car is. Almost always alone, in the car and out. Just me, scenery, g-forces, and the better or worse part of personal discretion.
    Couldn't agree more. If you are looking to have fun in your new car, just get in it and drive. Heck, try and get lost on back roads. That's what I do. With GPS you are guaranteed to always be able to find your way home. I find it hard to not have a smile on my face as I drive my car.

If you need more, try learning some more advanced driving techniques. I do this on days were my commute sucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I usually break your first rule whenever I feel like driving spirited, I have access to a mountain road where again I go pretty quick around. I didn't buy the car on aesthetics alone (yes I do love a clean car, which a good detail every few months works more then enough...you WILL get knicks and scratches even if you don't drive the car)
    I bought the car on how it per for and how I can make it perform.
    Go have fun already. Try drifting or something
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Are you suggesting there are other ways to have fun in a car?

Pretty sure that's a ban-worthy comment, buddy.
    It means dont go 100mph in a 55mph zone.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    It means dont go 100mph in a 55mph zone.
    We all race through school zones
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.