Struggling to have fun in my STi - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Struggling to have fun in my STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist I can see that you do, but I don't see why you should. You scratched a ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I can see that you do, but I don't see why you should. You scratched a car that wasn't actually new that you bought with scratches on it. Time to let it go.
    Don't freakin say I scratched the car. I don't know if I did for sure! I've gotten convinced by the mouse and Scratch X comment you made that I didnt. But all these comments I hear about crap Subaru paint makes me think I could blow on the car and paint would chip.

Man I can't wait as after next week my car will be ready to hit some major trips.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 08-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Struggling to have fun in my STi

I'm a firm believer in using a vehicle for it's intended purpose! Stop being a damn worry wort and enjoy your car

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolag11 View Post

Lately because the temps have been so high I haven't been driving the STI because I sweat in the seat and don't wanna mess it up.

How does this pic make you feel? Lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kh202 View Post
    I'm a firm believer in using a vehicle for it's intended purpose! Stop being a damn worry wort and enjoy your car

Only counts if you hit a cone.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is what you do. Go and find a nice secluded road and stop. Try to feel your car and the emotions that it might have. IF this car had emotions what would it want to do? Would it want to drive slowly down this rocky and dirty road and stay looking immaculate or would it want to be fast and reckless and get some awesome stories and war scars along the way? Seriously, LOOK at this STi and ask yourself that. Turn it on and listen to the engine holding back it's anger just waiting for someone to step on the gas pedal. Ask yourself this question and you might come to terms that these nicks and scratches are going to come either while having fun driving the car hard or driving 50 MPH in the breakdown lane. It's up to YOU which one of those you want to do.
    This isn't about how you want the car to look. This is about how THE CAR wants to ACT, regardless of any nicks or scratches it may get along the way. Don't deprive such a beast of it's rights to do what it was meant to do... and that is to PUSH you back in your seat and put a huge smile on your face regardless of the aesthetics of the car itself.
    HAVE FUN! I know you are an anxious person, but just go and WOT somewhere safe and you will forget about all this. I know what you are going through. I just got my car a month ago and wash it every weekend, but I NEVER deprive it of it's god given right to make me scared out of my mind as I'm stuck back in my seat slamming through the gears. THAT is why I bought the car. Yes it is FREAKING sexy, but take away the shell and I would still be just as happy because it's what is on the inside that counts.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

I Support ClubWRX
    DOUBLE
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

YEEESSSSIIIRRRR SubaruWRXJosh just nailed it......sage advice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bontchimuz View Post
    YEEESSSSIIIRRRR SubaruWRXJosh just nailed it......sage advice.
    Haha thanks
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I mean...I liken this to myself personally...I could work out more and eat right and have a nice sculpted body and look incredibly good.

But I'd rather slug a giant Coke, drink a ton of beer, chow down on all the pasta, burgers, and meat I want. And at that, I perform well. I don't care about suffering the little gut or the larger waist size
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I mean...I liken this to myself personally...I could work out more and eat right and have a nice sculpted body and look incredibly good.

But I'd rather slug a giant Coke, drink a ton of beer, chow down on all the pasta, burgers, and meat I want. And at that, I perform well. I don't care about suffering the little gut or the larger waist size
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

its like that new dogde dart commercial with the black guy from hottub time machine. "you cant touch my dart." haha you just gotta put that petal to the floor and have fun man. its just a material object. dont take it too seriously. just saying bro. kill it man

Well of course I wanna have fun. But I freakin swear the car has still that nice new car smell and the leaaathaaa in it I like. I wanna keep my car looking nice and I know eventually stuff with happen. I mean I have a driveway and garage and work it's safe from stuff and I can always part out aways in parking lots. But eventually something will happen. I'll eventually get over it. Just seems I spent alot of money and I'm not gonna be all "who cares" about the car. I mean there are plenty of people on here with posts about the crappy paint and all.

Lemme ask you guys this. What do you guys do to legally have fun with your WRX/STis?

1. I mean I'm down for the fun on entrance and exit ramps. Not down for going too fast in a straight line as I don't want a ticket.

2. Don't want to go to the track but maybe autocross. That hard on factory tires, pads and rotors? Or you guys get tires and pads just for autocrossing?

3. Meet at local places with fellow WRX/STi or other cool car owners. No little cheapo car owners though. I don't wanna though sit around for a cup of coffee or whatever. I wanna go out and have a fun drive. Not fast. You can go out in the boondocks on some roads and have fun away from traffic and traffic lights.

What else? I mean my freakin commute is 2 miles.

Right now having fun adding this and that Subaru part.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 08-26-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    When I first got my car I lived in KS. Four way stop signs, straight roads, a short commute.... It was disappointing to say the least. However, even there I eventually found some fun drives in and around the flint hills.

Around here the roads have internet names, or better yet are relatively remote and unknown. Some of them actually just say "resume safe speed" as in normal people/cars can only go 55 mph safely in certain places, but they aren't going to bother putting up all the corner warning signs telling you to slow down. It gets really entertaining when the question is really "how much below the "speed limit" do I HAVE to go to get around this corner.

To me, that is what fun in a car is. Almost always alone, in the car and out. Just me, scenery, g-forces, and the better or worse part of personal discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    I wanna go out and have a fun drive. Not fast.
    Are you suggesting there are other ways to have fun in a car?

Pretty sure that's a ban-worthy comment, buddy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast