Thinking of buying a WRX - couple questions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thinking of buying a WRX - couple questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kevin217 Thanks for all the replies guys. If I can work out a good deal with I ...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin217 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

If I can work out a good deal with I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 2013 WRX Premium sedan. 30k miles. They have it listed at 25k, what would you guys say a good price would be?

Thanks again
    That's not terrible for a premium sedan. I'd try and get it knocked down a grand more or so though at least. Tell me that there's a brand new model out that costs the same price and that you're prepared to walk away or look new elsewhere.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That's not terrible for a premium sedan. I'd try and get it knocked down a grand more or so though at least. Tell me that there's a brand new model out that costs the same price and that you're prepared to walk away or look new elsewhere.
    thats a great price for that car. i had bought my first subie last year. it was a 2008 WRB WRX Premium with 30k miles, paid $23k cash for it. Super nice. Super cool. I had it for 3 weeks and blew it up. I then sold it broken to subaru for $12k and put that down on my 2013 STi Limited. never looked back since. except to show my old car and its funny high school marching band sounding engine.

Thank you guys for all the replies. A lot of great info here, and you guys basically solidified my want for the car!
    It seems like it would fit every need that I'd have of it without issue, so I'm thinking it may be the way to go, despite my fiancee wanting me to get an SUV... Heh

I spoke with one of the saleswomen today and was able to get the price down to 22,995. I still think that's a little steep since I can get a new one for a few thousand more, but that price is now significantly cheaper than any other local deal.

Thanks again guys

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you guys for all the replies. A lot of great info here, and you guys basically solidified my want for the car!
    It seems like it would fit every need that I'd have of it without issue, so I'm thinking it may be the way to go, despite my fiancee wanting me to get an SUV... Heh

I spoke with one of the saleswomen today and was able to get the price down to 22,995. I still think that's a little steep since I can get a new one for a few thousand more, but that price is now significantly cheaper than any other local deal.

Thanks again guys
    man let me tell u, ur getting a steal for 22,995. thats awesome. see, these cars hold their value like gold or silver. but not really. but kind of. take for instance, my 08 wrx. it had 30k miles. i purchased for 23k. i blew it up by not knowing a thing. anyways. back on track.. they were able to get me 12k for that car without an engine. now, i know you are probably like, man u lost 9 grand. yea. i know, but, i needed a car asap. and i didn't want it nomore even after the engine had been placed. simply because i wanted a new new car. but they arent all bad use no man

Thanks again guys
    Complete WRX novice here <---- but to me it would be worth the $5K to buy the new one with 0 miles. new body style will be worth more down the line. plus it will have 30K less miles. that is not even considering what the previous owner did or did not do to the car...

I haven't driven my 14 WRX in snow yet, but I have driven other subies and they have all been fantastic in the snow.

I recommend you get a dedicated set of snow tires. For less than $600 I picked up a set of 02-05 wrx wheels and a brand new set of snow tires.

As a DD all out subies have been great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay... My experiences. Winter/snow. I live in Maine.. Read bad weather ****ty roads. Designated snow tires will give you at least 4 happy seasons. If you keep car 4 yrs or more mount them on different wheels. Keep tire size same for summer and winter. Reliability. Durability.. Look for one without mods. You don't want someone else's hack job. I still have a 1980 wagon..not wrx obviously, bought new with well over 250k,
    This is my 4th subie. Do the maintenance by the book, wash the underneath, do body work as needed, you'll get tired of it before you wear it out.

Clutch. If you know how to drive a mt no reason you shouldn't get 125k from a clutch.
    Choose your brake pads. High performance pads need to get hot to work properly.. Not the best setup for a DD.
    Check tire pressures at least monthly.

Turbos.. I change oil and filter every 3k, rotate tires every 6k.
    Everything else by the book, run em hard..maintain well.

If you can handle the looks, you'll never switch.

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    Okay... My experiences. Winter/snow. I live in Maine.. Read bad weather ****ty roads. Designated snow tires will give you at least 4 happy seasons. If you keep car 4 yrs or more mount them on different wheels. Keep tire size same for summer and winter. Reliability.
    No reason you need to keep your winter and summer setups the same size. This gives you the opportunity to run different sized wheels summer and winter.
    I ran 18" in summer on my Legacy and 17" winter.
    My wife runs 18" summer and 17" winter. 17" tires were a good 150-200 less than oem sized tires for her XT
    My new WRX is running stock summer for now and I picked up some 16" WRX wheels for winter. Tires are about $100-150 cheaper than a comparable 17" size.

Not only is it less money to run a - 1 size, but running a narrower tire will help dig through snow. The only thing you give up depending on tire selection is some sidewall stiffness, but we are talking snow tires here not summer performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Devon4390 View Post
    and its funny high school marching band sounding engine.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Not only is it less money to run a - 1 size, but running a narrower tire will help dig through snow. The only thing you give up depending on tire selection is some sidewall stiffness, but we are talking snow tires here not summer performance.
    Unless you have snow ALL the time throughout winter then you might prefer to give up the best snow and ice traction for a more balanced performance over the whole season. I prefer to stick to stock sizes for this reason, and IMO they are fine in any snow or ice conditions that your most bad winter locations throw at you. If you plan to do some extreme driving in the snow then the narrow tires will help for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Unless you have snow ALL the time throughout winter then you might prefer to give up the best snow and ice traction for a more balanced performance over the whole season. I prefer to stick to stock sizes for this reason, and IMO they are fine in any snow or ice conditions that your most bad winter locations throw at you. If you plan to do some extreme driving in the snow then the narrow tires will help for sure.
    I get heavy Lake effect snow evert winter and like to take back roads whenever I can. There's nothing like fresh in plowed roads!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.