what spring i should buy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what spring i should buy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi brothers i am just a new bird for the sti and modify. do you have any suggestion for me ...

what spring i should buy

Hi brothers

i am just a new bird for the sti and modify. do you have any suggestion for me to upgrade the spring or the whole COILOVERS for my 2015 sti? any brand is better? please give me some idea! thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That really depends on what you are looking for in a spring. RCE offers two different springs geared towards different markets.. basically more performance, or more comfort. Both are good options for most people.

As far as coilovers, there are a couple good brands out there (and a lot of trash).. but unless you're looking to spend over $2000 I would just stick to a good spring/strut combo.

thanks bro? how about the HKS HIPERMAX IV GT COILOVERS ? Does this one combine sport and comfortable? thanks bro!

I've never seen anything good about HKS coilovers.. though I'm sure they're better than a lot of the options out there. I would be surprised if they provide the level of quality that you would get from a good spring/strut combo at nearly half the cost.

The fact that you would most likely have to ship them to Japan for servicing would be a deal breaker for me in and of itself. Most coilovers will require a much more frequent service interval than quality struts.

If you're really interested in a good performance coilover that won't suck on the street, I highly recommend either RCE Tarmac 2s, or KW v3s.

If you find that you don't need the adjustability of coilovers (not sure why you or 99% of people actually would), and you car will be mostly daily driven, with some weekend track use.. RCE offers a GTWORX/Bilstein Impreza Cup Sport Kit, which comes with your choice of their Yellow or Black springs (depending on the comfort level you're looking for), and revalved Bilstein struts set up specifically for the spring you want to use with it.

I am with MainFrame on this one. the adjustability of coilovers is crazy. and you don't really need it on the street. for the track however infinite adjustability can be great. I don't personally like coilovers on the street at all.
    however, if you spend the money to get a quality set like what MainFrame already suggested and set them up well. then you can have an amazing handling car with a somewhat decent ride.

one thing to note. the words cheap and coilovers don't mix well.

also you didn't state what you'd be doing with the car. street only, track only. mix of both. regular track days or 1-2 times a year track days?
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.