WINTER WHEELS/TIRES 2015 wrx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WINTER WHEELS/TIRES 2015 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ive Done some research, Looking for brands of tires that will be extremely reliable to commute in snowy weather. Live ...

WINTER WHEELS/TIRES 2015 wrx

Ive Done some research, Looking for brands of tires that will be extremely reliable to commute in snowy weather. Live in NY, but what are the best studless winter tires out there that money can buy? 235 45 17

As for wheels (17 x 7.5), any reccomendations on where i can find them used for the 2015 Wrx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seen the michelin icex ones i really like them...

Blizzak WS-70's. Best winter tire i have ever used in ice, snow, anything. Price wasn't too bad either for a set of 4.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    Blizzak WS-70's. Best winter tire i have ever used in ice, snow, anything. Price wasn't too bad either for a set of 4.
    Just added them to my list, what about the Hankook iPike W409? they look nice also but if there studdable does that mean the tire will ride rougher/louder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    What he said!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

what about the wheels that I want to buy? I know there 17s but do I have to buy exact 17 x 7.5? or any subaru 17s will be ok?

What year wheels can I buy back until? or is it 2015 only??

You can buy any OEM sti wheel from I believe 05+ all other subaru wheels are 5x100, you need 5x114. You can drop down a size as long as the wheels clear your brakes.

I'm going to be running 15" or 16" winter setups on my 14. The tires are cheaper stepping down a size. I'm probably going to get some General Artimax Arctics. I ran them on my wife's FXT last year and they were good and wore well. I've also used conti ewc and they are a bit sportier, but not as good in deep snow. I also have experience with cooper's snow tires and I wouldn't recommend them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll be trying Blizzak LM-60's this season. I typically run WS-70's on stock wheels, but found a good deal on this new set.

I think I will try Michelin Xice for winter, I have yet to find a bad winter tire... I have driven Dunlaps on my Old RWD M3 and used Coopers, Hancook as well on some FWD cars... IMH if the tire is designed for winter you will be pleased with whatever you chose... My only gripe about winter tires is sidewall flex but its hard to have your cake and eat it too, Blizzak and Michelin are the most popular i have seen

I Support ClubWRX
    I run General Altimax Acrtics on my 2014 WRX hatch. They are excellent in the snow, stud-less (but stud-able if you'd like), and with close to 4000 miles on them this winter still look brand new. They were relatively inexpensive as well. I would recommend them to anyone on here. And were recommended to me by many long time owners and forum members.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I run General Altimax Acrtics on my 2014 WRX hatch. They are excellent in the snow, stud-less (but stud-able if you'd like), and with close to 4000 miles on them this winter still look brand new. They were relatively inexpensive as well. I would recommend them to anyone on here. And were recommended to me by many long time owners and forum members.
    Ditto on the Altimax Arctics. I had these on my car last winter and they were great. You can't beat the price of four of them on a set of steelies.

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    You can buy any OEM sti wheel from I believe 05+ all other subaru wheels are 5x100, you need 5x114. You can drop down a size as long as the wheels clear your brakes.

I'm going to be running 15" or 16" winter setups on my 14. The tires are cheaper stepping down a size. I'm probably going to get some General Artimax Arctics. I ran them on my wife's FXT last year and they were good and wore well. I've also used conti ewc and they are a bit sportier, but not as good in deep snow. I also have experience with cooper's snow tires and I wouldn't recommend them.
    what size tires would I need if I went down to 16's, and what is my wheel compatability 16 x ?? and what does the 5x 100 mean when talking about wheels?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by khederk222 View Post
    what size tires would I need if I went down to 16's, and what is my wheel compatability 16 x ?? and what does the 5x 100 mean when talking about wheels?
    5X100 means the bolt pattern in which your wheels are attached. 5 lugnuts, 100mm diameter. 16" wheels generally constitute many sizes including, but not limited to, 16/195/55, 16/205/50, etc. For my car, I run 2004 WRX stock wheels which are 16", 5x100 bolt pattern, 16/205/55 tires. For the 2015 WRXs, you would need wheels with 5x114.3 bolt pattern.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

[QUOTE=ShiftingLanes;3672513]5X100 means the bolt pattern in which your wheels are attached. 5 lugnuts, 100mm diameter. 16" wheels generally constitute many sizes including, but not limited to, 16/195/55, 16/205/50, etc. For my car, I run 2004 WRX stock wheels which are 16", 5x100 bolt pattern, 16/205/55 tires. For the 2015 WRXs, you would need wheels with 5x114.3 bolt patter

Even If I bought say 2005-14 16'' wheels, I would still need 114.3? Or is that only if I use 2015 wrx 17in stock wheels

I Support ClubWRX
    Even If I bought say 2005-14 16'' wheels, I would still need 114.3?
    Yes. If you bought 16" wheels, regardless of brand, you need 5x114.3 bolt pattern, if you own a 2015 WRX.

Or is that only if I use 2015 wrx 17in stock wheels
    2015 wrx 17" stock wheels are also 5x114.3.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast