WINTER WHEELS/TIRES 2015 wrx - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WINTER WHEELS/TIRES 2015 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ohio79 So I found this wheel at Summit Racing. What are everyone's thoughts?! http://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/crr-83-7714 For a low ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio79 View Post
    So I found this wheel at Summit Racing. What are everyone's thoughts?!

http://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/crr-83-7714

For a low budget winter wheel option on 2015 cars this one looks to be a decent choice. Thoughts?
    Im looking for wheels for winter tires to commute, those are if your bent a rim and needed to replace, Im looking to have the ones I buy for the life of my financing of the car (fingers crossed/knock on wood) haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just found that the offset is between 35mm and 45 mm....Before I buy any rim from a 3rd party source I should be sure that the wheel falls between that offset correct? What is the stock rims OFFSET out of the showroom does anyone know?? I dont want to mess with suspension etc...Whats a safe number to buy wheels at for the offset?

if anyone had that question I found out that its the matter of millimeters and It will not make a difference as long as you keep it between 35-45

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by khederk222 View Post
    Ive Done some research, Looking for brands of tires that will be extremely reliable to commute in snowy weather. Live in NY, but what are the best studless winter tires out there that money can buy? 235 45 17

As for wheels (17 x 7.5), any reccomendations on where i can find them used for the 2015 Wrx?
    I have used Bridgestone blizzard on my forester and my BMW 530i. Even the rwd Bimmerh went well in Maine winters with those. I will get another set for my 2015 wrx 6mt ltd. wheels.. Check tire rack.. Depends how fussy and deep your checkbook is.

I just found that the offset is between 35mm and 45 mm....Before I buy any rim from a 3rd party source I should be sure that the wheel falls between that offset correct? What is the stock rims OFFSET out of the showroom does anyone know?? I dont want to mess with suspension etc...Whats a safe number to buy wheels at for the offset?
    Stock OEM offset is +55... Someone stated before, Google should be your friend.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    Stock OEM offset is +55... Someone stated before, Google should be your friend.

yes your right thank you....so only difference I will have in the wheels I buy is to try and find 7 in or 7.5 width 17s.....if I buy any of the three widths, (7, 7.5, 8) Wil 235 45 17s be appropriate winter tire size? Or should I consider another size?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    Blizzak WS-70's. Best winter tire i have ever used in ice, snow, anything. Price wasn't too bad either for a set of 4.
    WS is great for winter performance. The LMs might give you a little less, but are better wet and dry performance. I have the X-Ice3 but haven't gotten to try them out in really bad weather. They are good in the dry and great in the slush.

I used Dunlop Winter Maxx this past winter on my '14 and they were great. Would recommend them to anybody here.
    2014 WRB WRX

I have a set of winter wheels/tires from my mustang I will no longer be using. I Know the wheel themselves will fit (17x7.5 45offset), but the tires are 235x55x17. Will the 55 profile be too tall and rub?

I've bought 225/45/17 Conti WinterContact to replace summer tires on stock rims for the winter season... Expected to be good alternate size. But the first service I tried, refused to put those on "this tires are shorter while Subaru tires are very tight", "liability" and such and such... let's see how it goes with the other one.

The other service sounded like a sophisticated sales-person "we can put those on, but according to your owners manual tires size that is different than on the plate - could cause damage to your transmission... we aren't trying to sell you another set, but you still can return those." ... and buy a new set from us, of course ))

Still sounds like a BS... The main thing is tires have to be equal in terms of characteristics and wear, right? I don't think the one could find a lot of WRX sticked to the original tire size Please correct me if I'm wrong. It is my first AWD.
    Last edited by CrimeaRiver; 11-10-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Stock on a 17x8 wheel is +55. You should be okay in the +45 to +55 range, with caveats.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeaRiver View Post
    Still sounds like a BS... The main thing is tires have to be equal in terms of characteristics and wear, right? I don't think the one could find a lot of WRX sticked to the original tire size Please correct me if I'm wrong. It is my first AWD.
    Changing the diameter can for sure add strain on the drivetrain, but I couldn't tell you how significant that size would be. Those choosing to run a more narrow tire in winter might go to 215/50/17 as it is closer to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Changing the diameter can for sure add strain on the drivetrain, but I couldn't tell you how significant that size would be. Those choosing to run a more narrow tire in winter might go to 215/50/17 as it is closer to stock.
    there are opinions that not all the 215/50/17 tires will fit the stock wheel...

Im running 225/50/17 Hankook W419 on 17x8.25 +35 xxr 530

no rubbing or issues at all.

225/45/17 should be fine, it's about 1.4% smaller then stock size which is in safe zone for differences in sizes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.