Question about subaru finacing. Can one add to an exciting loan for subaru oem parts?

This is a discussion on Question about subaru finacing. Can one add to an exciting loan for subaru oem parts? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can one just add to the exciting loan through suabru for aftermarket parts? Thanks....

Question about subaru finacing. Can one add to an exciting loan for subaru oem parts?

Can one just add to the exciting loan through suabru for aftermarket parts?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cqc7bw@gmail.com View Post

Can one just add to the exciting loan through suabru for aftermarket parts?

Are you asking about OEM, or aftermarket?

I would think you should be able to have dealer added options on the loan, since they just go into the final price of the car.. but aftermarket? Certainly not. That would be like asking of you can add your grocery bill to the loan, it won't fly. Most lenders wouldn't want you modifying the car in any way either, since until you pay the loan off the car technically belongs to them. They're not going to want you to do anything that might potentially damage their property.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Are you asking about OEM, or aftermarket?

I would think you should be able to have dealer added options on the loan, since they just go into the final price of the car.. but aftermarket? Certainly not. That would be like asking of you can add your grocery bill to the loan, it won't fly. Most lenders wouldn't want you modifying the car in any way either, since until you pay the loan off the car technically belongs to them. They're not going to want you to do anything that might potentially damage their property.
    Exactly correct. I tried to add some parts and they said no way, unless its OEM and its installed by their techs. They aren't going to fund you modifying your vehicle with none OEM parts. if your strapped for cash just put some money aside each month(whatever you can afford) or don't modify the vehicle. However you can go and refinance through another bank if you have enough paid off of your vehicle they will give you how much the car is worth which could give you some extra money for mods. and i believe you meant existing not exciting haha. IMO
    Last edited by Jbravo_AK; 08-12-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Oem

I Support ClubWRX
    if you are talking about if u already have an existing loan on the car, and you are talking about just adding OEM upgrades like SPT parts and things. No, you cant just have them tack on to the loan if this was your question. If your question was before you purchase the car and sign, can they add parts on for you? Then thats up to the dealer first, then its up to the loan provider or bank in other words if they agree to increase the total amount financed while not increasing total car value. If both parties agree then yes they can do that. Hope this helps