Time to become more active...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Time to become more active... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! So I've been a member here for a few months now, I bought an 02 WRX back in ...

Time to become more active...

Hey everyone!

So I've been a member here for a few months now, I bought an 02 WRX back in April after a long and extensive search. A little history about myself...

I've been into Subaru's for a while now, and it all started when I was 15 or 16 before I even owned a car. I really don't remember how my love for them started, all I know (now) is I was absolutely out of my mind for looking into an STI as my first car. In retrospect, I'm so happy that didn't happen. But truly, at that age who wasn't looking into a car way out of reach? Either way, I'm currently 19, turning 20 this October. I bought the WRX after selling my classic '72 BMW I had for the most part restored. I've been learning all sorts of parts of these Subaru's for over a year, so coming into owning one, I'm happy I did my research.

Just for the record: I live on my own and fund my car entirely by myself. Mom and Dad don't help with my build, nor the purchase of any car I've ever owned.
    That said though, pretty much everything I've learned about working on cars is accredited to my father. And my mom has taught me some damn good ways to make the car shine after washing it.

With all that out of the way, I'm generally on here daily and just browse the forums (prefer this place over NASIOC and IWSTI by far) I've already learned so much from you all, but I think it's time I actually get involved here with the community so here's my first post! It's a little late but I'm pumped to talk to some of you more experienced members and learn more. My main question for now:

What is the best way to post pictures? Is there a method that's preferred over others? I'll be posting some pictures of her soon enough and I know I will be doing so in the future for a long time to come.

I really don't have much else to put down other than this is an awesome community and I'm actually really excited to get around more!

with love,

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, to post pictures one way is to select a photo hosting site, upload your images there under your account, and then use the img tags in square brackets to link them from here. For instance something like this:

This is my example pic that's not working:
    [img]myexample.photohostingsiteofmychoice.com/numbershere/blabla.jpg[/img]

Each member has an alloted storage space to upload images directly but from memory that's not a lot of space and you'll soon run out. To use that anyway, click on "Insert Image" in your editing panel and use the uploader function if you wish.

Was your BMW a CS or a xx02 or?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Hi, to post pictures one way is to select a photo hosting site, upload your images there under your account, and then use the img tags in square brackets to link them from here. For instance something like this:

This is my example pic that's not working:
    [img]myexample.photohostingsiteofmychoice.com/numbershere/blabla.jpg[/img]

Each member has an alloted storage space to upload images directly but from memory that's not a lot of space and you'll soon run out. To use that anyway, click on "Insert Image" in your editing panel and use the uploader function if you wish.

Was your BMW a CS or a xx02 or?
    Thanks for the tips!

Yeah it was a '72 2002 Inka Orange. I loved that car and miss it whenever I look at pictures of it.

Welcome to clubwrx!
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Welcome to the club!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

welcome! congrats on your bug-eye!

when i started posting pics i ran out of room fast for the allotted space on the club because hd camara. so i switched to picasa(it is google tie-in, or just google whatever but it works with my phone. which is google only lol and my camera. handy) all my pics i upload from my phone direct to picasa folders i created on my laptop in picasa. then use laptop to cut and paste image links in the 'from url' box on the pic upload icon. that way i can hold more pics online freeing up phone memory and have access to all my build and teardown pics without the weight of many gigs of hd pics tying up space. kinda like so

fairly easy. with your pic program(picasa, imgr, photobucket) open in a different window for ease, start your thread or reply-question like what part is this?

maybe give yourself a line or two so the pic is clear of text. then select the pic box from just to the right of center of the dialog box your typing in. looks like a box with a little tree in it. select 'from url' in the insert image box that pops up. go back to your pic, right click on it and select 'copy url'. back to the insert image from url box on the club. right click on the line provided and select 'copy' or 'copy url'

the screen you will see will look like what sd-gr typed in(im not that smart lol) but when you hit the post reply button your picture will link and will show up as that pic as soon as it saves your comment to the club. tadah...i hope. good luck and cant wait to see your ride!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    Would you like some Kool Aid huh?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Pics of '72 2002 now please.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Pics of '72 2002 now please.
    You must be a fan

I have more on my computer I think.

Finally overcame the laziness of grabbing a few pictures and throwing them online here. This is from a couple weeks ago.

Also recently decided to tackle the old Koji headlight mod this past weekend and tried my best to restore the hazed lenses using a little Turtle Wax DIY kit. Since I had them apart I completely did the inside and out over and over again until they were crystal clear. I still want new lenses on account of the small cracks but they're super clear now.

And no, the paint isn't that terrible, she's just very dirty...

That 72 2002 is beautiful! And congrats on the wrx! It looks pretty nice
    Welcome to the club!!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Love the BMW!

Welcome to the Club!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That BMW is awesome, you don't see many in that body style.
    And you almost never see them in pristine condition.
    Love the WRX to.
    You definitely have style my friend, welcome aboard!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    That BMW is awesome, you don't see many in that body style.
    And you almost never see them in pristine condition.
    Love the WRX to.
    You definitely have style my friend, welcome aboard!
    Hey thank you! Yeah I hated to get rid of it. It was just really unreliable, even after the engine rebuild. Like 20 minutes before I was meeting the guy to sell it, it wouldn't turn over. Hahah

Glad to be welcomed here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.