Hi, New Member - 2015 WRX Premium DGM

This is a discussion on Hi, New Member - 2015 WRX Premium DGM within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello All!! Just got a new 2015 WRX Premium Manual near the Denver Colorado area. So far I'm enjoying this ...

Hi, New Member - 2015 WRX Premium DGM

Hello All!!

Just got a new 2015 WRX Premium Manual near the Denver Colorado area. So far I'm enjoying this car, but I still have 850 miles left in the break in period. Can't wait until I can actually open the throttle and see what she can do. As a previous owner of a 2008 Xterra, I can say that this is a huge difference in driving style.

I have to admit, the exhaust is much louder than I expected, especially on cold start idle. The deep exhaust rumble seems to resonate inside my garage, shaking everything inside my house. Once the RPMs settle, after about 1 minute or so, it becomes almost normal. I'm actually quite impressed with the exhaust upgrade, as it is just a more aggressive version of the stock exhaust, IMO. At highway speeds, road noise seems to be the main contributor to audible sound. I won't know what it sounds like at full throttle until I reach the 1000 mile mark.

So far, the only compliant I have is the sound system... absolutely terrible. I'm completely disappointed that Subaru actually put the sound system into production. I regret not getting the upgraded Harman Kardon package. I'm wondering if a upgraded head unit would actually improve the sound to listening standards, anyone? It may be a lost cause, I'd rather listen to the engine and exhaust anyway.

Accessories:
    Sport Package (Short Throw Shifter, STI Wheels, STI Exhaust)
    Cargo Liner
    Mirror w/ HomeLink
    Arm Rest Extension

Here are a few pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg   1.jpg   2.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great photos! I love the DGM with the black STi wheels, first I have seen of this combo. Yea, the stock head unit blows, going aftermarket will make a huge difference. Be patient, you will hit the 1000! Oh, and welcome.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Congrats on the car! I agree with you 100% on the sound system. The HK sound is much cleaner. I would look into a new headunit.