Hi, New Member - 2015 WRX Premium DGM
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hi, New Member - 2015 WRX Premium DGM within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello All!! Just got a new 2015 WRX Premium Manual near the Denver Colorado area. So far I'm enjoying this ...

Hi, New Member - 2015 WRX Premium DGM

Hello All!!

Just got a new 2015 WRX Premium Manual near the Denver Colorado area. So far I'm enjoying this car, but I still have 850 miles left in the break in period. Can't wait until I can actually open the throttle and see what she can do. As a previous owner of a 2008 Xterra, I can say that this is a huge difference in driving style.

I have to admit, the exhaust is much louder than I expected, especially on cold start idle. The deep exhaust rumble seems to resonate inside my garage, shaking everything inside my house. Once the RPMs settle, after about 1 minute or so, it becomes almost normal. I'm actually quite impressed with the exhaust upgrade, as it is just a more aggressive version of the stock exhaust, IMO. At highway speeds, road noise seems to be the main contributor to audible sound. I won't know what it sounds like at full throttle until I reach the 1000 mile mark.

So far, the only compliant I have is the sound system... absolutely terrible. I'm completely disappointed that Subaru actually put the sound system into production. I regret not getting the upgraded Harman Kardon package. I'm wondering if a upgraded head unit would actually improve the sound to listening standards, anyone? It may be a lost cause, I'd rather listen to the engine and exhaust anyway.

Accessories:
    Sport Package (Short Throw Shifter, STI Wheels, STI Exhaust)
    Cargo Liner
    Mirror w/ HomeLink
    Arm Rest Extension

Here are a few pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg   1.jpg   2.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great photos! I love the DGM with the black STi wheels, first I have seen of this combo. Yea, the stock head unit blows, going aftermarket will make a huge difference. Be patient, you will hit the 1000! Oh, and welcome.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Congrats on the car! I agree with you 100% on the sound system. The HK sound is much cleaner. I would look into a new headunit.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.