wrx bhp gains

This is a discussion on wrx bhp gains within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi could anyone out there shed some light for me? l want to do some basic tuning mods to my ...

wrx bhp gains

hi could anyone out there shed some light for me?
    l want to do some basic tuning mods to my wrx (2003) just wondering the what are best things to do before going into remaps and big expense, l don't want to go into crazy bhp or l would have got an sti, just want to squeeze a bit more out, lm a fitter by trade so do all my own works, some people have said total decat and it will be ok others have said no you have to leave 1 cat in to avoid ecl light coming on?? larger intercooler, air charge system
    if anyone could give me some reliable information would be much appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    well I am not too sure with UK cars but if its anything like the US ones I would check and see if the up pipe has a cat in it and if it does maybe have that replaced. I also would guess that to get any power gains you would need a retune on the car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Cool

simple up pipe, downpipe with or without cats and a stage 2 tune eithor protune, cobb access port, ot opensource and you could be really close to 275 ish without changing injectors or of fuel pump although its recomended just so you can tap into the 300s with a stage two tune.

or, make sure the up pipe is cat-less(grimmspeed, perrin, get a good one and spend out for the grimmspeed gaskets. they seal and stay sealed) and make sure all the air intake and vacuum systems under hood are good and get a stage one tune. probably the path ill be taking myself for now untill i can eithor afford a cobb AP or get my open source working properly(tatrix cable and laptop)

lots to read up on have fun and welcome!

edit. im hunting 225-230 hp on stage one , you know....for gas milage hahahha
    Last edited by tirerob; 08-06-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html