Got a 03 suburu wrx bug eye

This is a discussion on Got a 03 suburu wrx bug eye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got this suburu off of my brother in law and it has a carbon fiber hood is that considered ...

Got a 03 suburu wrx bug eye

Just got this suburu off of my brother in law and it has a carbon fiber hood is that considered riced out junk?, should I put the blue hood back on

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hi. welcome. i personally hate carbon fiber, so i would put the stock hood back on. it's up to you though.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I had a 2003 bugeye as well. I put some helpful links in my build thread, which is linked in my signature.

For what it's worth, WRXs have aluminum hoods, which are actually lighter stock than a carbon fiber hood. Unless you really like the look (and that's entirely up to your own tastes), the stock hood is more efficient.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Suburuwrxfan199 View Post
    Just got this suburu off of my brother in law and it has a carbon fiber hood is that considered riced out junk?, should I put the blue hood back on
    If you have it and it's in presentable shape then I would, yes. It will almost invariable fit better -- it will certainly fit correctly -- and it is a high quality piece made of Al. I know of no replacement that approaches it in quality.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you like the carbon fiber good, keep it. We can't tell you what YOU like we can only tell you what we like!

Not a fan, but that is what I like...
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257