Canadian WRX eh!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Canadian WRX eh! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just put a deposit on: 2015 WRX (Base model) in World Rally Blue with the CVT (Wife friendly - don't ...

Canadian WRX eh!

Just put a deposit on:
    2015 WRX (Base model) in World Rally Blue with the CVT (Wife friendly - don't hate)
    No options/extras other than some winter floor mats.

Probably going to add an aftermarket lip spoiler when they become available, as well as a Touchscreen NAV (Pioneer or Kenwood) and some 6K HID's. Possibly a black roof decal/dip. Other than that I've bought an extra set of stock rims for Winter + an extra set of Summer tires for $750.

Thinking of getting the extended armrest - anyone get this option?
    Opinions/thoughts on it? Pictures in an actual vehicle?

Delivery could be in about a month (if they get a trade from another dealership). If not, I probably have to wait till the end of October. Either way i find out on Wednesday.

Regardless - i'm psyched!
    I've been a fan of these things since I got in to cars when I was 11yrs old (I'm now 26)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    I have a 2013. The extended armrest in my version is a must have for me. I like my elbows to rest at similar heights and the right side is SUPER low without the extension kit. I can take a pic f you want, but not sure it translates.

I assume they can do a 1 off post delivery add of the armrest.

Congrats on the new car. More I look at the blue, more I wish......

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure if this is applicable since you are in Canada, but I would invest in the JDM armrest extension, it is much nicer and retains the red stitching so it doesn't look out of place like the usdm one. Oh and tell Terrance and Phillip I said hello!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I ended up getting the JDM armrest extension. Thanks for mentioning that.

Also got a Carbon Fibre steering wheel decal

6k HID low beams

LED high beam/DRL's (even though I may disable the DRL's)

LED Boomerang (or C) lights

Now I just need the car. lol

PS:
    Terrance says hello, but Phillip says something I can't write without getting banned.
    Last edited by Kevin8se7en; 08-05-2014 at 02:09 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forums....eh!!! LOL!!!!

Just shouting out from over here in the west!!!!

Enjoy that new Subie!!! Im quite jealous!!!
    - Nav Mittal

2009 WRX Sedan running on CONTINENTAL ExtremeContact DW 225/45-17
    COBB AP Stage 2 SF 93+ - Hella Supertones - Kartboy ST Shifter - Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks - COBB Catted DP - Invidia N1 Street Ti Duals - COBB Turbo Heat Shield - COBB SF Air Intake w/ Box - Morimoto TSX-R HID Retrofit w/LED Halo - DEFI Racer Red 52mm Gauges(A-pillar) - Exedy Stage 1 Clutch w/ Exedy Lightweight Flywheel - Killer B Oil Pick-Up w/ Baffle - BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Not sure if this is applicable since you are in Canada, but I would invest in the JDM armrest extension, it is much nicer and retains the red stitching so it doesn't look out of place like the usdm one. Oh and tell Terrance and Phillip I said hello!
    is this what you're talking about?

SMY Performance JDM Armrest Extension (Black) - Interior - 2015 WRX - STI / WRX

Decided to add the stock Lip Spoiler. Car should arrive earlier than expected. Was told it's on a train and should be getting it in "early September" so I'm hoping next week.
    Gonna get 20% tint on all 4's.

Also gonna wait on the NAv unit. I was going to put in a Kenwood one but after seeing the Japanese WRX S4, I'm going to wait and see if Subaru releases a new unit for 2016 and possibly install that one at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by old school View Post
    Yeah that's the one I got - I put the link in post #4

Good luck on the lip spoiler if Ontario winters are as bad as in Alberta. Plus those concrete stoppers in parking lots are gonna get you...

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Good luck on the lip spoiler if Ontario winters are as bad as in Alberta. Plus those concrete stoppers in parking lots are gonna get you...
    My bad, I should have been more clear - the lip spoiler for the trunk (rear wing), not the front bumper.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome me to Club!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
    I ended up getting the JDM armrest extension. Thanks for mentioning that.

Also got a Carbon Fibre steering wheel decal

6k HID low beams

LED high beam/DRL's (even though I may disable the DRL's)

LED Boomerang (or C) lights

Now I just need the car. lol

PS:
    Terrance says hello, but Phillip says something I can't write without getting banned.
    Nice stuff. Oh and Phillip is not your friend, buddy.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.