Fish's 2015 WRX (with Pics)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fish's 2015 WRX (with Pics) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello All, I've been away from the forum for a bit tracking down the rather illusive 2015 WRX and when ...

Fish's 2015 WRX (with Pics)

Hello All,

I've been away from the forum for a bit tracking down the rather illusive 2015 WRX and when I finally got one lined up, I pounced on it. I went with the classic World Rally Blue and could not be happier with the color. ( I have another thread on here discussing colors- I was between the Ice Silver and WR Blue- arguably the hardest decision I've ever had to make). I bought it from Gary at Manchester Subaru in NH and the entire staff was very accommodating and provided excellent customer service. They also offer to Deliver it anywhere in New England which they do for free which is a very nice touch.

I'm coming from a 2007 Honda Civic SI and let me say this car is in a league of its own for the price. The way this car handles had me giggling all the way home from the dealership; slaying twisty back roads with style and grace. I'm obviously abiding by the Subaru break in period of the 4k RPM and below for the first 1000 miles so I cannot say much about the power yet. I will say from what I've felt so far, this thing is a torque monster compared to the Civic. Once the turbo kicks in she really wants to start running away but I've unfortunately had to cut her off swiftly at the 4K limit. The only complaint I have so far is that the sound system needs some 'oomph' but that's about it (No one buys these for the sound systems anyways). I've already done the stereo code unlock and that helped, but it still could use some extra juice. The interior on the 2015 is everything I had hoped it to be. Very attractive and filled with soft touch surfaces and nice lighting. Everything you (the driver) touch on a daily basis is made with quality. The steering wheel is Grade A, with nice mounted controls and huge notches at the 10 & 2 position for when things get hairy. The Gear shifter is tall and notchy and the gates are close but it shifts as smooth as butter. Arm rests are padded leather for maximum comfort on road trips. I even love how solid the doors sound when you close them. Subaru knocked this car out of the park and I am head over heels for this car.

I will be adding some tasteful modifications in the near future which I will be asking about in the forum- First on the list is an Invidia Q300 exhaust, I absolutely love the sound from what I've heard on Youtube. I wish they could of somehow kept the uneven length headers but I understand that they axed that for additional performance which is A ok in my book. The stock exhaust is surprisingly quiet; too quiet for my taste in fact. Next will be a set of summer rims and an additional set of winter tires to mount on the OEM rims, that way I'll have two complete sets for optimal performance regardless of the weather. I wanted to tint the windows but I think they're fine for now. Surprisingly enough NH doesn't allow the front Driver/Passenger Side windows to be tinted (So much for Live Free or Die) so that's a bit of a turn off.

Enough of the talking though, lets see some Pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0007.jpg   Cody WRX Front.jpg   DSC_0015.jpg   DSC_0010.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice looking car, congrats!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice!! Congratulations and welcome to the club.
    I had the same problem when I got my 2013 WRX (My second WRX) couldn't decide between WRB or Ice Silver.
    I ended up getting Ice Silver, the good I have the only Ice Silver around where I live.
    The bad I have the only Ice silver around. Lol. Have fun keep us posted.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Thanks Guys!

The Blue is certainly a head turner around here (especially with the ladies ) but I think the car's styling may be playing a part in that as well. I'm the only one I've seen around with this car in this color so I'm sure I stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well, a small price to pay. The ice silver is definitely more indiscreet but I couldn't help but love the blue. If I'm being honest, I think these things look great in any color so you really can't go wrong.

Congrats man, enjoy it!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tunafisch View Post
    Thanks Guys!

The Blue is certainly a head turner around here (especially with the ladies ) but I think the car's styling may be playing a part in that as well. I'm the only one I've seen around with this car in this color so I'm sure I stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well, a small price to pay. The ice silver is definitely more indiscreet but I couldn't help but love the blue. If I'm being honest, I think these things look great in any color so you really can't go wrong.
    Just remember to drive responsibly you won't have any hassles. I went it High School with 4 cops in my town. They always ask how the WRX is doing. I don't drive crazy and never have an issue. I STILL LOVE THE BLUE!! When I get an STI down the road WRB!!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Welcome & Congrats!

I also recently picked up my '15 WRB WRX Limited.

The picture of you posing in front of your '15 WRX brings back memories for me! Back when I bought my '07 WRX brand new back in May 2007 I posed in front/next to it also!

** Thread Hi-Jack **

Hey congrats man, enjoy her for what she is and treat her kindly the first couple 100 miles, after 1K go buck wild!!! meant to ask, what was that redeo code unlock thing you wrote about, can you write some info on that? Congrats again man!!!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Welcome & Congrats!

I also recently picked up my '15 WRB WRX Limited.

The picture of you posing in front of your '15 WRX brings back memories for me! Back when I bought my '07 WRX brand new back in May 2007 I posed in front/next to it also!

** Thread Hi-Jack **

Nice Bro!!
    I'm sure your ecstatic to finally have it. That picture reminds me of my 04', I'll keep my 13 for a while. Enjoy the new weels man, keep us posted on progress. Put up some pics of the 15.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Just remember to drive responsibly you won't have any hassles. I went it High School with 4 cops in my town. They always ask how the WRX is doing.
    BS. Pigs hate ricers. I constantly get hassled by cops and I have stock exhaust.

@96accord - I had to laugh when I saw that- too funny. I will say the front ends on the WRX's have always looked attractive (at least to me) so I was drawn like a moth to light.

I'm taking it easy so far and I'm right about at 500 so I'm half way there. I ordered an exhaust last night and it should be arriving rightttttt at that 1000 mile mark. I anxiously await it's arrival. I'll post some pics and a review once I get it mounted- more on that to come at a later date- stay tuned (no pun intended)

Maximus- Check out this video-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3wD-jHTN0E
    Nothing too ground breaking but I did notice a difference. Eventually I wouldn't mind adding an amp or something but for now the stock set up is fine.

While I haven't gotten any static from the the local 5-0, some lady just yesterday on the highway pulled up next to me, gave me a disgusted look, and then flipped me off. I had done nothing to her and never met her in my life. I was merely cruising in the middle lane breaking in the engine nice and easy and I guess she felt the need to show her displeasure. Jealousy rearing its ugly head no doubt.

^ Probably an off duty cop

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.