Now the proud owner of....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Now the proud owner of.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all! My name is Nick. I am 25 and I have always loved Subarus. From a young age of ...

Now the proud owner of....

Hey all!

My name is Nick. I am 25 and I have always loved Subarus. From a young age of 11, when I had first caught a glimpse of the World Rally Championship on Speed TV to be exact! I remember seeing the bugeye make it on the scene in the WRC and I was just so amazed to see racing as exciting as this. I was immediately drawn to the bugeye and my parents ended up getting me 'Colin McRae's Rally Racing' on Playstation (one). Unfortunately the bugeye wasn't on that game, but they still had the Impreza (22B). Needless to say, I played this game nonstop!

I got older and always admired the Impreza and always broke my neck to look at one when I would see one drive by. I grew up wishing that one day I could own one and never really saw it within my ability to actually afford one. Fast forward to now, I joined the Military a few years ago and immediately started looking into buying one but certainly couldn't afford one lol. I bought a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon because it was within my price range and it got me from A to B pretty quickly but certainly wasn't a fast car. Finally after crunching numbers I realized I could afford a bigger payment for a car that I really wanted to have. I found a bunch of candidates that I wanted to buy, however ended up buying one of the cheaper offerings, just to avoid paying too much overall.

I bought a 2013 WRB 5 door. It has 20k miles on it. I love this car more than anything. I cant believe that I actually have my own now! My overall happiness is at a level which I haven't felt in what seems to be ages. I love looking at this car, I love driving this car, and I love seeing myself in this car.

I have been reading a lot on these forums and NASIOC but decided to become a member here first and see how it goes.

Plans for the car
    Stage one reflash first
    Catted downpipe and stage 2
    Cobb STS or Kartboy (need to do some more research regarding the two)
    Front and Rear Sway bars
    Invida q300
    Cobb intake with SF box

Once those mods are out of the way I will probably leave the "performance" alone and work on aesthetics
    Mudflaps, Front lip, wheels and tires, (unsure of wheels that I want.) I would like to lower it about 2 at most. (if I stay on a 17" wheel)so far that's all I have really thought about off the top of my head. Pictures Will be added later. I haven't had a decent opportunity to do some photos of her yet.

I am glad to be a part of this community on Club WRX and the Subaru community as a whole!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome! that hole list can be taken care of from cobb's website haha. first item should be a cobb access port or somebody you know who has been using a tatrix cable and tuning software for a while. the cobb option is probably the safest option for not bricking the ecu right away(lol) but that will allow you to do your stage one flash and add upgrades later on especially the ones you have listed(good choice btw) the suspension stuff? there is a Ton of info here and a few very highly respected mods and vendors that can and do help out all the time. if you are looking at lowering and lipping your car...make sure you dont get more than 4" of snow at a time...youll be doing the city a favor by pre plowing the streets for them! hahahah
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Congrats man!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

welcome man!!
    Congrats getting the car you always wanted!!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. And get familiar with Cobb.com and RallySports Direct.com
    That Cobb AP tuner is definitely the first thing you should get.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

@tirerob: 2 of my friends are currently on opensource tunes using a tatrix cable. I am going to do the same. once I get to stage 2 I will be pretty satisfied with the power (for the time being). I might upgrade smaller things here and there and save up and get a real protune later on down the road. I have considered the AP but from my understandin, OTS tunes are pretty conservative and these open source tunes are not a bad alternative. My close friend is at stage 2 with one and everything seems great!

@TownLine500: I am already pretty familiar with RallySportsDirect and have been creeping through the Cobb site too.. However, I like I mentioned above, I think I am going to go with the Tatrix method for the time being. Unless however, I can find a good deal for an AP. I am not too far from Cobb in Plano either lol

I am not too far from Cobb in Plano either lol

cheater!! but awesome anyway. glad you have a opensource ... source. i have a tatrix cable and am currently fighting my cr@ptop to make it work. i can flash with ecu flash but cant pull logs with rom. ill not be doing that by halves lol. Congrats again!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    I am not too far from Cobb in Plano either lol

cheater!! but awesome anyway. glad you have a opensource ... source. i have a tatrix cable and am currently fighting my cr@ptop to make it work. i can flash with ecu flash but cant pull logs with rom. ill not be doing that by halves lol. Congrats again!
    Yeah, the software is pretty iffy and tempermental at times. I helped my friend flash and log his car from stock to stage 1 and then to stage 2. A mutual friend of ours has Windows8 and my goodness, nothing but issues with the romraider and windows8 lol

I am pretty computer savvy so it wasnt that hard for my to help with the process on a W7 computer, but W8 I have used like 3 times ever haha.. I hate that crap.

and thanks! I will be doing some photos of her soon. The day we get some decent weather I am gonna wash her up and get some photos. Its rained like every day since I got her home and here in OK it rains dirt... -__-

I hear the drit rain. It is really dusty here from the rural oil field development of drilling rigs. Dust packs into pickup wheels so bad it ruins brakes on cars and truck if left unchecked. But hey...Montana so dirt roads are a way to anything just about. Lol win8. The only good window is the one I'm gonna toss my hp out of hahahah. I'm soon darn close not just havnt worked the final bugs out yet.
    Rob

lol W8 is a POS. Has some cool features, but I feel like most people arent even going to use them. I really dont like how the interface is designed for TouchScreen use either.. definitely makes it hard to streamline any kind of workflow/navigation...

Here that. Have win8 at the shop. Considering replacing keyboards with tablets.
    Rob

Welcome, and congrats. I am 1.5" lower and have to go slow over speed bumps and driveways. Only way I would go lower is for track only use.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Welcome, and congrats. I am 1.5" lower and have to go slow over speed bumps and driveways. Only way I would go lower is for track only use.
    Thanks man! I just checked out your ride height and 1.5 looks pretty good to me with your stock wheels and tires. (referring to wheel gap)
    I could be totally okay with that ride height. Hows the actual ride feel and do you have any issues with the added weight of cargo and/or passengers? I have heard of people lowering their cars and not being able to have passengers due to the added weight lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.