New first time WRX owner - 2015 WR Blue Pearl 6MT

This is a discussion on New first time WRX owner - 2015 WR Blue Pearl 6MT within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, Making my introductory post - I purchased my first WRX ten days ago from my local dealer: 2015 ...

New first time WRX owner - 2015 WR Blue Pearl 6MT

Hello all,

Making my introductory post - I purchased my first WRX ten days ago from my local dealer: 2015 WR Blue Pearl - Premium 6MT.
    I have wanted one for years, but circumstances were not right. Thankfully they are now

So far I am very pleased with the car. This is my first turbo vehicle, so I have had to adjust a bit to the way it accelerates (previous car was 06 350z). I have been keeping it under 4k rpm (mostly) for the the first 1k miles, and am very impressed with the acceleration and torque - this car WANTS to go fast. Handling is excellent with almost no body roll on some very aggressive cornering. Ride is stiff, but not brutal by any means. Exhaust is very pleasant - not quite the burble of the un-equal length headers on the 2.5, but still enough depth and volume to be very satisfying both inside and outside the car.

First area of improvement will be the brakes - they are good, not great - for a car this eager to GO, it should be just as eager to STOP. Initial bite is pretty passive, though moderate pedal will produce decent stopping power, its just not what it should be. I will try better pads first. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Cheers,

Steve T.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX profile.jpg   wrxrear.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice congrats. Glad to see another wrb!

Sent by clapping two rocks together

Welcome, very nice car.

Great lookin car! What % tint did you get?

Steve, congrats man. I also felt the same way about the brakes when I first got my car. I would say give it a little more time before swapping pads. The brakes need to seat, as do many of the components beyond the engine. I am approaching 3000 miles, and for me, the brakes feel noticeably stronger than when I first got it.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Thanks to all for the welcome. @Dubbification - I got 35% tint all the way around and 20% on the moonroof. Really helps with the heat here in central Texas.

@Goose42 - thanks for the advice on the brakes, I will hold off on new pads and see how things settle in by 3k.

Steve T.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. I, too, got my 15 WRB LTD 6MT on June 7.I added sill plates, Hella Supertone horns. I have 3500 miles on her. Brakes have bedded in nicely, and I see no need for the present to upgrade those. I have reset the stereo settings so it is a keeper. I will get an extra set of OZ wheels for winter tires (in Maine ya know).If your lady likes nail polishes...... Essie brand polish, color "Butler please" is an EXACT color match to the WRB. Now that would be a statement!

Enjoy and drive it like you stole it!!!

Mike A.

Welcome and congrats.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Looks great.

Love it. I thought that tint was darker than 35% but I think what you have looks perfect. That's likely what I'll end up with. Appreciate the pics.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)