Old fart just gave a deposit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Old fart just gave a deposit within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, I just worked out a deal to trade in my 2015 Mazda6 touring manual for a base 2015 ...

Old fart just gave a deposit

Hi guys, I just worked out a deal to trade in my 2015 Mazda6 touring manual for a base 2015 WRX in red.

I'm catching heat from my wife and my brother for trading in my new car that I've only owned for just 6 months. I'm not taking much of a hit on the trade so money was not the issue. I'll turn 40 soon and my family didn't like my choice of car this time. They feel the WRX is a little boys car and I may be having a mid life crisis.

I'm going to get the car regardless but I'm wondering how old are my fellow 2015 WRX'ers?
    Last edited by Shook187; 07-27-2014 at 11:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

40 male

15 WR Blue Pearl limited on order with cvt to accommodate wife.

Brian
    Last edited by bd323; 07-27-2014 at 05:39 AM.

There's a thread somewhere on here that is several pages long on 'the average age of owners'. should be able to dig it up pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    There's a thread somewhere on here that is several pages long on 'the average age of owners'. should be able to dig it up pretty easily.
    This forum is pretty cluttered with tons of sub forums it wasn't easy deciding where to post this, never mind finding the post.

I'm not trying to turn this into a average age thread. I'm just introducing myself and saying hi.

46 male

Bought a 2015 WR Blue Pearl Premium 6MT 10 days ago. My wife, 22 yr old daughter, 20 yr old son, and ALL of my friends love the car. The WRX is a driver's car, not a mid-life crisis / little boy's car - very practical 4 door sedan, gets decent gas mileage, has best in class re-sale value by far, and Subaru has excellent build quality and reliability. Those are just some of the 'adult' reasons to buy a WRX... the fact that it is ridiculously fun to drive is just a bonus :-)

Steve T.

I Support ClubWRX
    Plenty of older guys/girls in here. I think you made a solid choice Welcome!

Here is the thread that was referred to --->What is the average age of a new WRX/STI owner

Everybody has an opinion Shook. I'm 38, and just bought my 14 limited sedan in March. I love this car. My 29 year old girlfriend hates this car. My 74 year old mother likes it. Go figure.

At the end of the day you need to be happy.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Everybody has an opinion Shook. I'm 38, and just bought my 14 limited sedan in March. I love this car. My 29 year old girlfriend hates this car. My 74 year old mother likes it. Go figure.

At the end of the day you need to be happy.

Why does the gf hate the car? Is it because you buy more for the car than her? Lol
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shook187 View Post
    Hi guy just worked out a deal to trade in my 2015 Mazda6 touring manual for a base 2015 WRX in red.

I'm catching heat from my wife and my brother for trading in my new car that I've only owned for just 6 months. I'm not taking much of a hit on the trade so money was not the issue. I'll turn 40 soon and my family didn't like my choice of car this time. They feel the WRX is a little boys car and I may be having a mid life crisis.

I'm going to get the car regardless but I'm wondering how old are my fellow 2015 WRX'ers?

Welcome Shook187. I'm 34 myself. I got that same grief when I bought my 1st WRX at age 29. In the past I always drove a sedan while my friends had mustangs and fire birds. One by one they got crazy tickets and eventually lost there license. They all laughed when I bought my second Ford Taurus (1994 car in 1999) my point is you go your own way. Now my friends drool over my 2013 WRX that I bought new. You will soon see the level of commitment and community that we share here. We all drink the Kool Aid and it is GOOD!! We could all agree little boys could not even afford a WRX 31,000+ (LOL) Love it's what makes us keep buying EJ motors.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shook187 View Post
    I'm catching heat from my wife and my brother
    Yeah, damn right - for suggesting that 40+ is old fart territory. My mate's mom must be in her 50's and she drives a last gen 5 speed WRX. She would hurt you for calling her old. LOL.

The last gen felt a little like a toy (and there is nothing wrong with that), but the 2015 just feels like an all-age machine. It's a little tamer in the power delivery but in a whole different class in handling (stock to stock). I have had a few teenagers smile at me in the 2015, but I also had a 70 something guy stop me in a parking lot last week to compliment me on the car (which was weird, but put a smile on my face).

Don't sweat it Shook. I'm 50 and own a 08 Honda S2000 with 17000 miles on it. I have a few family members including my wife that gives me a little grief about this car but I don't care, its just so damm much fun to drive. Its not my daily driver so its justified for the haters Lifes to short drive what u like I've been thinking about a new wrx myself, just need to get a test drive soon. In the meantime this S2000 is a blast to drive..

I wouldn't sweat it at all. As I was closing paper work on my 15. Two guys both 40+ came in and started the process to buy one. From what my salesman told me majority of the buyers of the new wrx are "older guys" it really has great bang for your buck

Sent by clapping two rocks together

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm definitely starting to feel right in places.. This seems like a great community, can't wait to start contributing.

I'm guessing by Monday I'll take delivery can't wait.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club!

There are lots of 40+ year old folks on here so no worries.

Make sure you post up some pics when you get your new Subaru!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Your only as old as you feel Shook187, enjoy it. Took my 10 year old neighbor boy for a ride, and all he could say was "Awesome", he thought it was neat that a 74 year old man drove a 2014 WRX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast