Old fart just gave a deposit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Old fart just gave a deposit within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 47 here. Cracks me up how some people think that older drivers should for some reason turn into conservative car ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    47 here. Cracks me up how some people think that older drivers should for some reason turn into conservative car owners who only care about MPG, Consumers Digest ratings and chrome. If anything the more saavy and capable drivers out there are the older drivers. Don't know anyone my age who thinks they were better drivers younger than they are now. Experience is everything.

We are also old enough to not give a damn about what other people think of us. As soon as my kids were old enough to strap into the back of a WRX I sold the SUV and went WRX - and have zero regrets. These cars are not only a blast to drive, but are about as practical as anything else anyway. Own and enjoy - and just smile at the young-uns who think that old guy in the Subaru doesn't know what he's doing ....
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol i had bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport 6m/t . after month n half with only 2100 miles i traded her in for my 2-15 CWP rex.. couldn't have been happier with my wrx.... and i got the heat to from my girl/fam lol.. dont worry once u bring the car home they will love it

Surprisingly when I sold my 84 camaro daily mod car and bought my well cared for and properly demodded WRX most of my family were ,"You sold the Camaro!?!?( I had been driving it for seventeen years after all)". Oh never mind. You bought a fun little Subaru! Yes. Because Montana winters start to sux when driving out the passenger window and not being able to steer hardly at all. Do I miss my american muscle and the small block Chevy I rebuilt in college that lasted me three vehicles? Yes. Do I want it back .......someday maybe. Right now? Nope. My little bug eye is hella useful in ways my old f-body would never be. I can start and drive without having to retune my edelbrock for temp( ethanol gas+carb+heat soak=bad). Baisicly...regardless of what I've done to my car so far to make it sportier its just better for what I'm doing right now. Besides I'll probably never own a true american classic again. I'd get lynched. I want to drive my car All the time(see camaro lol). If I drove a 63 split window in the wintertime I just know somebody would pull me over and drag me out haha. So yup. Awd& turbo for me. Eventually id like to step up into a 10-14 wagon buts that's gonna be a while lol. Gotta pay off the suburban. Oh...its supercharged! Mwuhahaha still get that rumble thank you magnaflow/charger.

Edit. Forgot. I'm just now pushing up on the forty mark. Sorry...brains leaking out as I type!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Surprisingly when I sold my 84 camaro daily mod car and bought my well cared for and properly demodded WRX most of my family were ,"You sold the Camaro!?!?( I had been driving it for seventeen years after all)". Oh never mind. You bought a fun little Subaru! Yes. Because Montana winters start to sux when driving out the passenger window and not being able to steer hardly at all. Do I miss my american muscle and the small block Chevy I rebuilt in college that lasted me three vehicles? Yes. Do I want it back .......someday maybe. Right now? Nope. My little bug eye is hella useful in ways my old f-body would never be. I can start and drive without having to retune my edelbrock for temp( ethanol gas+carb+heat soak=bad). Baisicly...regardless of what I've done to my car so far to make it sportier its just better for what I'm doing right now. Besides I'll probably never own a true american classic again. I'd get lynched. I want to drive my car All the time(see camaro lol). If I drove a 63 split window in the wintertime I just know somebody would pull me over and drag me out haha. So yup. Awd& turbo for me. Eventually id like to step up into a 10-14 wagon buts that's gonna be a while lol. Gotta pay off the suburban. Oh...its supercharged! Mwuhahaha still get that rumble thank you magnaflow/charger.

Edit. Forgot. I'm just now pushing up on the forty mark. Sorry...brains leaking out as I type!
    I can say I totally understand. I only like 2 types of cars, Import tuner and American muscle. It must have been gut wrenching to let the Camaro go. Moving to a Wrx makes sense. Though it doesn't have quite the same pull, the WRX is a way more well rounded car. Plus the way WRXs are built today even an 04 has 227 hp stock. The fox body Mustang 5.0 only came stock with a 225 hp motor. Now a days people want a dependable reliable daily driver. Like you said if you go to or over the mountains, it's break out the screwdriver time. I'm sure you don't miss that part. And with our WRXs and AP tuners we always know what's going on in the ECU in real time. My Hotrod/Ratrod building Grandfather would be amazed. I am going to start a muscle car build in the not to distant future a 1970 Chevelle SS. I have never owed a muscle car and right now I have no kids no wife. And the ability and finances to build the car. My uncle will help, it will take a long time but well worth it. So tirerob we have very similar interests. Don't be a stranger.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX

Old fart just gave a deposit

I think it's an Irish saying that says not to feel bad about aging since many people are not afforded the privilege...

I don't think age is as odd or even negative as some might think.

I had my first mid life crisis at 25. Bought a mountain bike. Still have it.

I'll say this: as time goes on my tastes in cars get weirder.

High school: wanted a 959.

University: Wanted, then didn't want a 914.

Numerous cars later: my daily has 280K on it (1993 Toyota!) and I mod on a WRX forum where I invariably tell people to buy a Honda, while I'd rather take the bus myself or own a 1970s CitroŽn. All this says age makes things different, not necessarily better or worse, and with it comes the liberty to do more things. Fun things.

The newer Subarus are ages ahead of what was out when I joined the forum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Old fart just gave a deposit

Hey, although I'm just a 19 year old in college. Just recently purchased my 2005 wrx(not sti), I have to say that these cars aren't just for younger people. I included the "in college" part because at my school, a lot of older people drive these cars along with Nissan Zs and even a mitsubishi evo or two. Point is, I believe it's for anyone! It's a nice and fun car to have and drive. It's a definite head turner of course. But it's also a great car just to relax in. Even my dad likes the wrx stis now. So does my older brother. I've learned a lot already since I've had mine. And the 2015 is definitely a beauty! I say, you should follow your heart. Because things like this won't last forever. Be happy, life is short!

Good luck with your purchase!
    Last edited by RockoBro; 07-30-2014 at 05:09 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I beat the "old age, conservative car" stereotype: after my WRX was totaled, I bought a beige LL Bean Outback wagon. I'm 26. Whenever I see other Outback owners with my car, 99% of the time they are 65+.

Good on you for getting the car you want, although my wife would be more than a little annoyed if I traded in a 6 month old car too.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    "Old"? 52 here.

Welcome o wiser than many here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Why does the gf hate the car? Is it because you buy more for the car than her? Lol
    The only reason for a woman to hate their man's car.

26 Here, bought my STI and my dad and all his friends after they ride in mine want one. Age is just a number its all about what you want to do. If you wanna buy a wrx go for it, then you can get people walking up to you saying nice car all the time or dang that thing is fast.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

My wife was initially happy I bought my WRX because Subaru. Then she was mad because I bought a WRX that needed work On the way home from the dealer! Then even more when it started getting better and better(mo Money lol). So we traded in our old trailblazer for a super nice 07 suburban with a ton of mods. Its a monster and way nicer thany wagonX. Wife appeased hahahah
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    My wife was initially happy I bought my WRX because Subaru. Then she was mad because I bought a WRX that needed work On the way home from the dealer! Then even more when it started getting better and better(mo Money lol). So we traded in our old trailblazer for a super nice 07 suburban with a ton of mods. Its a monster and way nicer thany wagonX. Wife appeased hahahah
    Happy wife= Happy WRX= Happy life.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    but I also had a 70 something guy stop me in a parking lot last week to compliment me on the car (which was weird, but put a smile on my face).
    I had the same thing happen to me at a gas station filling up--guy came over to compliment my car. And then came back 2 more times to say how nice the color was and started to give me the history of his car ownership!
    2014 WRB WRX

I'm 36 and have a 2015 WRX on order. When making the final decision of the WRX, my wife encouraged me to go for the WRX because it was the "cool" car. There are a lot of younger WRX drivers, but I think it appeals to both men and women of all ages.

Is my WRX purchase due to a mid-life crisis? I don't think so. But if it is, I'd much rather my mid-life crisis be wanting to buy a fast car instead of having the desire to hook up with some younger woman and ruining my family. All a matter of perspective. :-)
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

Hey to be honest when you get the car its an amazing upgrade from the old, i was trying to not feel like a little racer boy as well and when you drive the car youll feel the class, comfortability and luxury slightly depending on which model you chose. I chose to go with the limited so i got the nice leather interior without the ugly blue or red inserts as well as the giant wing that attracts attention. I love this car and hopefully you will too. I have a WR blue 2015 limited and best choice ever over my previous vehicles, the gas mileage is one of the most practical things. Then even if you want a little extra power the cobb accessport is a great upgrade. The drivability is amazing after the flash, before hand( boost and response was pretty unreliable)
    2010 Wrx Satin White Premium, TurboXs TBE, AP stage 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast