New STI here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New STI here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I have bit of a checkered history with Subaru. A bit of history, in 2011 I bought a Legacy ...

New STI here

Well, I have bit of a checkered history with Subaru.

A bit of history, in 2011 I bought a Legacy spec.b -- my first Subaru. I thought I was going to love it, I flew down to NC (I live in CT) to pick it up (my g/f's mother lives close by so we justified it by saying we were going on vacation) and drove it back home. Immediately I was a little let down. I figured there were things I'd like to do to it to get it up to speed and I'd end up loving it. Well long story short, 3 years later: tune, downpipe, new struts, minor cosmetic/luxury changes and I'm still pretty unhappy. Not to mention since I picked up the car there was this intermittent 1/2 second complete loss in power while accelerating around 2500rpm that nobody could ever explain. I figured I'd live with it -- it really only serves as a back and forth to work and around town, etc. At this point I told myself I'd never buy another Subaru again.

Well, end of may rolls around and I'm sitting in the waiting room at the dealership while my car has a routine oil change and I see this spec of pretty blue in a window leading to the showroom. Bored, I decide to go out, have a seat, and daydream... Well, I drove it off the lot that day! 2015 STI Launch Edition!

Almost two months later and I couldn't be happier! I really love this car. It's a bit bouncy, but that's nothing new to me, I've owned sports cars before (had a stage 3 Stillen 300ZX in the 90s). This really was an impulse buy in its truest form. I wasn't even aware of the many amenities this car offers, bluetooth music, rear backup cam, keyless entry, etc. It was surprising and funny when I turn my head to back up and my g/f says in excitement "Oh, you have a reverse cam, COOL!" and I'm like, "I'm pretty sure I don... Oh SWEET, I do!"

And probably my favorite thing about driving this car is how amazing the community can be. I don't think a day goes by that I don't get a "thumbs up" or wave from another Subaru owner. I'm pleased I decided to give Subaru another chance.

Mike
    2015 Sti Launch Edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awesome! I love the launch editions. Great looking cars.
    The engine has been proven, so hopefully you won't have any issues like your other subaru. Seems most wrx people I've heard on here that have issues are usually because of incorrect modifications.

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome story dude and congrats on the purchase. I feel you on the impulse buy, I was looking at WRXs and they happened to get a STi in that a guy ordered but ended up getting impatient and bought something else. I asked them if I could check it out/take it for a test drive and they said sure. Well I jumped in, took it for a spin and then pulled into a parking lot and into a parking space...and then the fun began. I couldn't get the car into reverse, I tried everything thinking it was just a new car and the transmission was stiff. I was finally able to get a hold of someone at the dealer and then they told me about the wonderful reverse lock out and I felt like a complete idiot (still do and still am guilty as charged...lol)... I still laugh about it almost everytime I throw the car into reverse, good times....

Great story!

I'm half tempted to head to my local dealer today...there's a 2015 WRB STI Limited sitting on their lot right now...if I take my car there and drive that i'm sure i'll leave with it!

It's VERY tempting though...
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome. Welcome to Club!

post some pics
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by ZackUSAF82 View Post
    Awesome story dude and congrats on the purchase. I feel you on the impulse buy, I was looking at WRXs and they happened to get a STi in that a guy ordered but ended up getting impatient and bought something else. I asked them if I could check it out/take it for a test drive and they said sure. Well I jumped in, took it for a spin and then pulled into a parking lot and into a parking space...and then the fun began. I couldn't get the car into reverse, I tried everything thinking it was just a new car and the transmission was stiff. I was finally able to get a hold of someone at the dealer and then they told me about the wonderful reverse lock out and I felt like a complete idiot (still do and still am guilty as charged...lol)... I still laugh about it almost everytime I throw the car into reverse, good times....
    Hah! Reminds me of a buddy of mine who bought a new Cube (I don't even know who makes it) and it was standard. Well, he had no idea how to drive the thing and they let him leave the lot. Well, just so happens a week later they agreed to replace his transmission b/c he blew it out. He gets the car back and comes over so I can give him some pointers. So, we leave and I'm driving his car, walking him through the steps of what I'm doing and where the clutch grabs, etc. Well, I let him take over and low and behold, he was taking off from 3rd gear THE ENTIRE TIME! As I'm typing this it still makes me laugh... He was fine once he understood the "H" pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by blknylw
    Great story!

I'm half tempted to head to my local dealer today...there's a 2015 WRB STI Limited sitting on their lot right now...if I take my car there and drive that i'm sure i'll leave with it!

It's VERY tempting though...
    DOOO IIIITTTT!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Hah! Reminds me of a buddy of mine who bought a new Cube (I don't even know who makes it) and it was standard. Well, he had no idea how to drive the thing and they let him leave the lot. Well, just so happens a week later they agreed to replace his transmission b/c he blew it out. He gets the car back and comes over so I can give him some pointers. So, we leave and I'm driving his car, walking him through the steps of what I'm doing and where the clutch grabs, etc. Well, I let him take over and low and behold, he was taking off from 3rd gear THE ENTIRE TIME! As I'm typing this it still makes me laugh... He was fine once he understood the "H" pattern.
    Lol, that's awesome! I certainly had no trouble with that but the STi was my first six speed and I hadn't even been researching them because I thought they were out of my price range. It was definitely not funny at the time, I was so mad at myself for not researching and knowing about the lockout before hand. But such is life, we all do stupid crap once in a while!

Congrats man!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.