This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all. Decided to sign up for the forum this morning after lurking around for a while. I purchased a ...

Hey all. Decided to sign up for the forum this morning after lurking around for a while.

I purchased a '14 WRX Hatch in October last year. Been keeping it stock so far, but looking to throw some bolt on and audio into it soon. Been shopping around and looking at the marketplace here. Hoping to pick up some small stuff for less than retail as I'm also saving up for a wedding (yikes!). I may have some stupid questions regarding the audio, but I'll try to keep it brief.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Where abouts in NY? For stereo info you may want to check out ae64.com for stereo pin out also you may want to contact him once you have an idea on what your getting. I would suggest a HU first but that's all up to you.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Welcome. Where abouts in NY? For stereo info you may want to check out ae64.com for stereo pin out also you may want to contact him once you have an idea on what your getting. I would suggest a HU first but that's all up to you.
    I'm currently in the Bronx, grew up in Rockland just north of NYC.

Yeah a new HU is where I'm going to start. Looking for something with Bluetooth, Satellite radio ready, and able to be adapted for steering wheel control.

I Support ClubWRX
    For head unit brands and other peoples suggestions you may want to check out the electronics for him personally I went with a pioneer and I had no problems as for steering wheel controls 12 finally picked out your head unit brand contact the guy from that site I posted an order the wiring harness and steering control from him to suggestion I feel guilty give you the information and set it up correctly for you all you do is set up the connections and program it into your head unit really simple

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I was looking at Pioneer recently as well. Noticed they had a few models that were hands-free calling compatible, Bluetooth streaming, had adapters for steering wheel controls, and SiriusXM ready.

I'll take a look at the site you suggested, thanks.

Check out crutchfield they include the wiring harness adapters for free.

Quote Originally Posted by darronsdad View Post
    Check out crutchfield they include the wiring harness adapters for free.
    Yeah I looked at Crutchfield, but their prices are about 150-200 higher than Amazon so buying the adapters from SVXdc is still cheaper and I know that it has all the wiring I need.