Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 Wrx intake

28K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Aaronkey03 
#1 ·
Anyone have recommendations on 2015 wrx cold air intake?

#2 ·
If you are looking for a bang for buck performance increase, then none of them. Not only is a CAI on the stock tune potentially damaging, but there are often no performance advantages. Get an AP and go to stage 1 instead with the stock intake. You'll probably want a tune if you ever change the intake, in which case the AP will still be useful.

#6 · (Edited)
It's a grey area. If your engine pops then Subaru might try to fob you off without really looking into it - in theory if the problem is not related then they should honour the warranty, but if your change could have caused the problem then they have the right to deny a claim. This is true for any mod, even the CAI. If you are concerned then wait until the warranty is almost up, or at least until you are comfortable that any early teething issues have been resolved.

#7 ·
There aren't really any cold air intakes to be bought right now that I know of except one. I pre-ordered a Mishimoto CAI and should have it by mid August! Nothing "voids" your warranty except taking your car out of the country. It is covered under the maggnsun-moss act if you would like to read more about it. Here are some links to Mishimoto's CAI if you may be interested :thumbup:

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIe1HBrbkxM

Pre-Order:
Mishimoto 2015 WRX Performance Cold-Air Intake Pre-Sale, by Mishimoto

#8 ·
The Magnusson-Moss Act is worse than worthless.

If it were merely worthless, it would not protect owners. It certainly doesn't protect owners... However, it goes beyond being worthless by giving owners a false sense of security.

If the dealer denies service, the owner is going to point to Magnusson-Moss. The dealer will then of course say the right thing, "Next customer in line..." and the owner is left looking for a lawyer.

Lawyers don't fix cars. Mechanics fix cars. The owner needs a mechanic but the dealer will simply deny coverage and then it's up to the owner to act.

Don't rely on worthless laws passed in favour of companies that make imitation parts. The MM Act is "marketed" as helping consumers but the reality is very different in a practical sense.

I see no distinction between voiding a warranty and denying service under warranty. In either case, the consumer is left with a broken car and expenses to fix it. The semantics don't help the consumer in my view any more than Magnusson-Moss helps.

Just IMO and good luck to all.

#9 ·
I can agree there isn't much difference between voiding a warranty and denying a warranty claim lol. You pay to play, but if you have a CAI and there is something wrong with your radio they are probably going to fix the radio under warranty. If you do anything outside of stock you are risking denial in one way or another.

#11 ·
It all depends on dealer and how you respect your own vehicle, they can tell if the vehicle has been tuned right or if parts are just thrown on, at my old dealer they told me nothing will void any warranty unless you specifically mess with that item, i had a ton on my old car not to mention an ewg, and they replaced climate controls since it had no relationship but i also wouldnt try to go in there for a clutch replacement or knocking or any other motor issues

#12 ·
On a sidenote, been watching my stock intake temps with the accessport and have been noticing over the last few days on hwy getting consistantly +8 warmer degrees compared to outside temp and when going slower or idling 10-14 higher. Maybe in future a design will route some cooler air into intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.