I'm new

This is a discussion on I'm new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a used 2012 WRX today and I will pick it up tomorrow. I traded in my 2014 Fusion ...

I'm new

Just bought a used 2012 WRX today and I will pick it up tomorrow. I traded in my 2014 Fusion 2.0 in on it.
    This is will be my first Subaru. I have a couple older Mustangs still and I'm a gear head.
    The car has a PERRIN Quad Tip Catback Exhaust System, Enkei wheels and stock wheels with winter tires, and a cobb short throw shifter. Dealer says it does not have a tune. I'm sure that I'll be using the search button quite a bit, as I have a lot to learn about this car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Post a picture of the engine bay when you get it home

Welcome, the car looks good. You have some good mods already. Enjoy

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a nice looking car there. Hopefully it doesn't have any mods under the hood that require a tune! (almost anything on these does) The fact that it's modded would make me concerned as to weather it does or not. Post up some engine bay pictures!

Also, how do you like the Perrin cat back?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I will get some pictures under the hood when I pick it up. I put a few test miles on it and the exhaust sounded great. I for sure will need some help on figuring out if it has anything else done to it. The guy that traded it in lived in the Lansing Michigan area. I asked the dealer for his # and they said by law that they can not do that. I hope I can find some local people that know a thing or two about the car to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    I will get some pictures under the hood when I pick it up. I put a few test miles on it and the exhaust sounded great. I for sure will need some help on figuring out if it has anything else done to it. The guy that traded it in lived in the Lansing Michigan area. I asked the dealer for his # and they said by law that they can not do that. I hope I can find some local people that know a thing or two about the car to help me out.
    Congrats, great looking car! I believe I have seen that wrx before in the area. I'm from Grand Rapids (I visit Lansing a lot). Let me know if you need any help or have unanswered questions.

I was just wondering how much did you pay? and how many miles on it?
    2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Desert Khaki
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1907

I bought my WRX used in Jan of this year and it too had the PERRIN Quad Tip Catback on it...that was the only performance mod done to it and the first time I heard it in person, I was hooked!

Fast forward a few months and add some mods...notably an INVIDIA catted downpipe. The exhaust sounds amazing now...absolutely no drone or raspyness...just that deep Subie boxer rumble.

Congrats on the car!
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

Couple of pictures under the hood with my cell phone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to Club!
    Thanks, I have a lot to learn about the car.