Hello from the UAE! New 2015 WRX and having some issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello from the UAE! New 2015 WRX and having some issues within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys... Long time reader and first time poster! last month, I took delivery of the first 2015 WRX WRB ...

Hello from the UAE! New 2015 WRX and having some issues

Hello guys...

Long time reader and first time poster! last month, I took delivery of the first 2015 WRX WRB in the country (and the only one until now), all the other 2015s here are STIs. Until recently, i have been loving the car and as it is definitely a wonderful vehicle! a few rattles here and there, but everything else has been fantastic. I just finished the break in period of 1600kms (1000 miles) and had my first oil change...needless to say that it was babied during the break in (and still is )

for the last few days though, i have been noticing some changes in the boost behavior. The car seems to be a bit 'flat' and i don't feel the power as much as before. I have also noticed that the boost gauge rarely peaks at the maximum reading as it used to (here it is 1.5K KPA max as opposed to your PSI reading). It seems to hit 1.1, or 1.2 KPA and then the pointer starts to bounce a bit...overall, the power delivery feels a bit unpredictable: sometimes it works as it should and sometimes it feels flat...on accasion i feel that is also stumbles at first launch a bit

So my thoughts:

1- Weather: it is hot as hell over here. it reaches 45+ degrees Celsius on a daily basis (120 Fahrenheit ), it is also very humid. Maybe heat is playing a role...
    2- Now after the break-in period, i have been pushing the car on occasion beyond the 4000 rpm mark, maybe the computer is re-learning the new driving style...
    3- I have been reading on the forester forums about low quality clamps used on the piping for the turbos on these engines, also some software update issues. maybe something is loose somewhere or i have a boost leak...i have not found anything similar like this mentioned about the wrx though...

car is currently at 1750kms only, 6spd MT

any thoughts about this? unfortunately the local dealer is a moron.....their fix for the stuck gas cap lid was WD40 though i showed them the TSB from subaru about this so i doubt they will be able to find something unless i guide them personally

thank you in advance !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome Latief! It sounds like heat soak to me, perhaps some other members will chime in...
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.