Need help with my 05 wrx stutter/hesitation please!

This is a discussion on Need help with my 05 wrx stutter/hesitation please! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am having what seems to be a somewhat common problem with stutter/hesitation in the 3200 to 3500 rpm range ...

Need help with my 05 wrx stutter/hesitation please!

I am having what seems to be a somewhat common problem with stutter/hesitation in the 3200 to 3500 rpm range when boosting, once I clear the 4000-4500 rpm range it is running great. I have done a ton of research on forums before posting but have not come to a conclusion because either nobody posted a final remedy or have a cel. Basically when driving normal there are no issues and when I ease the throttle to higher rpms no issue as well, its when i get on it at wot. As soon as I hit boost it stutters in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. It IS running rich, I am getting a faint fuel smell with quite a bit of backfire in deceleration and sometimes will get a loud single gunshot sound. I have replaced the plugs, fuel pressure regulator along with vacuum lines, fuel pump gasket, maf sensor and injectors checked for leaks and had 02 sensors checked. I am running out of money and getting extremely irritated with this issue. Ugghhh! I am listing my performance related mods below. Any advice or help is very much appreciated. Btw, I do not have a data log or accesport to make things easier.

1. 16g precision turbo
    2. Greddy profec spec b 2 boost controller, type s bov
    3. Perrin front mount intercooler, fuel rail kit, catless up/down pipe, oil catch can
    4 Magnaflow cat back exhaust
    5. K&N intake
    6. Walbro 255 fuel pump
    7. STi pinks
    8. Exedy stage 3 clutch and flywheel
    9. NGK one step colder plugs
    10. Open source tune by the boost creep in colorado

(I am also getting the wastegate flutter after shifting as well.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi 7 DS

I'm have the same issue
    It may not be the answer you are looking for and it may not be correct.
    I think it is a lazy waste gate actuator.
    Does it make a odd whine while it's hesitating?

No whining at all, just the sound of the engine lagging or stumbling.