First Subaru. Loving it.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First Subaru. Loving it. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked up a 2013 STI limited. It's a sedan. It's black and and completely stock. Has just under ...

First Subaru. Loving it.

I just picked up a 2013 STI limited. It's a sedan. It's black and and completely stock. Has just under 14k miles. Hoping to learn a bunch. I have a little bit of mechanical knowledge and most of it is from working on miatas. I got rid of my 2014 lexus is250. It was boring me to death. I can't believe how expensive these subaru things are. I was looking at two other cars, evo x and 135i. The evo was ruled out due to the interior feel and most importantly because it didn't feel sporty when I sat in it and drove it. The 135i is faster and great build but I was disappointed on resale value. Maintenance and repair cost kinda scared me a bit having owned a 335i before the Lexus too. All in all I'm happy with the decision. Yes I drove the new STI but I prefer the looks of this body better. And to make the STI feel a little more up to par I waited for one like this, with leather, sunroof, navi, and all the nice features.

Best part of it all, my car allowance covers the payment with a little extra that'll go towards the principle every month. Cheers and good to meet you all.
    Last edited by bamsucka; 10-07-2014 at 11:35 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats man! It's definitely exciting! I'm picking up my 2013 WRX tomorrow so I know how ya feel!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Congrats man! It's definitely exciting! I'm picking up my 2013 WRX tomorrow so I know how ya feel!
    I read your intro. Hopefully my insurance doesn't kill me. I forgot to check.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome
    Thank you

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bamsucka View Post
    I read your intro. Hopefully my insurance doesn't kill me. I forgot to check.

Thank you
    I'm sure you'll be fine man. If your preferred (no-liberty un-mutual) insurance company tries quoting you for $14k a year just call progressive to get a nice and honest price. Let me know if you have any questions I'm happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    I'm sure you'll be fine man. If your preferred (no-liberty un-mutual) insurance company tries quoting you for $14k a year just call progressive to get a nice and honest price. Let me know if you have any questions I'm happy to help.
    Thanks man I appreciate it. Ill see what farmers tells me.

Welcome.

As far as factory parts to replace, I suggest the intercooler hose to throttle body. These can leak boost by either cracking, or being loose.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Eh if you wanted to keep up with a v8 in the top end, you should have gotten a v8!
    However, i raced my buddy with a tuned 427 rwhp 2010 camaro SS ls3 from a 1st gear roll to top of 3rd (90) and was surprisingly nose to nose, then he pulled me.
    I thought he was going to blow me away without a launch. But a WRX is quicker in a straight line than an STI.
    2011 stage 2 wrx here.

Wish i could afford a loaded STI, good choice and congrats, looks like youre on the right track with modding

In for pictures please!

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Welcome.

As far as factory parts to replace, I suggest the intercooler hose to throttle body. These can leak boost by either cracking, or being loose.
    thank you. and its things like that i want to know. much appreciate it. will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    Eh if you wanted to keep up with a v8 in the top end, you should have gotten a v8!
    However, i raced my buddy with a tuned 427 rwhp 2010 camaro SS ls3 from a 1st gear roll to top of 3rd (90) and was surprisingly nose to nose, then he pulled me.
    I thought he was going to blow me away without a launch. But a WRX is quicker in a straight line than an STI.
    2011 stage 2 wrx here.

Wish i could afford a loaded STI, good choice and congrats, looks like youre on the right track with modding

In for pictures please!
    just some spirited fun
    Last edited by bamsucka; 10-07-2014 at 11:36 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Only two I have so far. my Cobb AP and catch can come in tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome!
    thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.