Looking to mod 2012 wrx

This is a discussion on Looking to mod 2012 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up a 2012 wrx in swp a couple weeks ago. My last car was a 2006 scion tc, so ...

Looking to mod 2012 wrx

Picked up a 2012 wrx in swp a couple weeks ago. My last car was a 2006 scion tc, so of course I'm having a blast cruising around in the subie. In the last month Ive been reading a bunch of threads on here and finally got around to becoming a member. Love the site, everyone seems real friendly and not as judgemental as other subie forums I've come across. Obviously I can't wait to mod the car. So far I bought a cobb shift knob and the rally armor mud flaps which I have yet to install. I really want the AP and sf intake but am not crazy about messing with the warranty just yet. It's hard to justify the price of a cat back exhaust for just a sound improvement. I feel like I could get a much better bang for my buck by going suspension, sway bars and end links. Not sure what brand I would go though. I also am looking into a pitch stop mount as I've read great reviews on all of them. I know I covered a bunch of topics but just looking for some advice on what to spend my hard earned cash on to get the best out of this car. Don't have much exterior mods planned other than the baysonr front lip and some bulb swapping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by teebrunz View Post
    Picked up a 2012 wrx in swp a couple weeks ago. My last car was a 2006 scion tc, so of course I'm having a blast cruising around in the subie. In the last month Ive been reading a bunch of threads on here and finally got around to becoming a member. Love the site, everyone seems real friendly and not as judgemental as other subie forums I've come across. Obviously I can't wait to mod the car. So far I bought a cobb shift knob and the rally armor mud flaps which I have yet to install. I really want the AP and sf intake but am not crazy about messing with the warranty just yet. It's hard to justify the price of a cat back exhaust for just a sound improvement. I feel like I could get a much better bang for my buck by going suspension, sway bars and end links. Not sure what brand I would go though. I also am looking into a pitch stop mount as I've read great reviews on all of them. I know I covered a bunch of topics but just looking for some advice on what to spend my hard earned cash on to get the best out of this car. Don't have much exterior mods planned other than the baysonr front lip and some bulb swapping.

It depends on what your goal is.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Welcome Tee. When I first got my car I felt it handled great. I have lowered it 1.5" on coilovers, done a front strut tower brace and Perrin pitch stop mount. The improvement is very noticeable.

I want to replace the end links with Perrin units.

You already have more power than your old car, so if you'd don't see the cost or value in it, then do nothing.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Welcome Tee. When I first got my car I felt it handled great. I have lowered it 1.5" on coilovers, done a front strut tower brace and Perrin pitch stop mount. The improvement is very noticeable.

I want to replace the end links with Perrin units.

You already have more power than your old car, so if you'd don't see the cost or value in it, then do nothing.
    Thanks for the input. I thought the pitch stop mount and front strut bar would be two somewhat inexpensive mods to start with. I've been reading a lot about the AP and cobb intake, and boy would I love to throw them on the car. Hopefully soon. The farthest I'll go with the car is a DP and protune, but most likely not for after 60k.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are better places to spend before the strut tower and pitch stop. If anything get an aftermarket Throttle body hose. If you dont want to spend the money on a AP you can always get a tactrix and an ETune/Opensource. Another simple mod is Short Throw shifter and bushings. Did you get the sedan or hatch? did the car come with any options?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    There are better places to spend before the strut tower and pitch stop. If anything get an aftermarket Throttle body hose. If you dont want to spend the money on a AP you can always get a tactrix and an ETune/Opensource. Another simple mod is Short Throw shifter and bushings. Did you get the sedan or hatch? did the car come with any options?
    Sorry tried to post some pics but couldn't figure it out. I got the hatch, it's got 14k on it and the only options from the dealer are the fog lights and the rear view mirror with auto dimming and compass. It's not so much the money for the AP, just concerned of something going wrong. But the more I read and see how many people have it I feel better about it. I still wonder about the sf intake as far as heat soak and running into any A/F issues

Also what are some other legit sites to buy from? I purchased from rallysportdirect. Any deals to be had by going through vendors on this site?

I Support ClubWRX
    Get some tail light overlays and a set of winter tires and wheels
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

keep the stock intake
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm guessing he wants to change the intake so the bypass valve and turbo spool can be heard

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I'm guessing he wants to change the intake so the bypass valve and turbo spool can be heard
    Yea not gonna lie the sounds I've heard on youtube from the cobb intake entice me. A lot cheaper than an exhaust. I know theres no added value to having one with everything else stock. But I thought I did read the stage 1 + sf puts out a little extra psi. So is that not as safe of a tune as just the stage 1. I love the car the way it is but it's hard not to want a little more. But everytime I read threads on here or nasioc with guys who went stage 1 and are experiencing knock or other off values I get turned off. I know the whole pay to play thing but it's tough buying a 630$ mod, adding it to a car that runs perfect and not knowing for sure if everything's gonna be okay

SWP...

Quote Originally Posted by teebrunz View Post
    Yea not gonna lie the sounds I've heard on youtube from the cobb intake entice me. A lot cheaper than an exhaust. I know theres no added value to having one with everything else stock. But I thought I did read the stage 1 + sf puts out a little extra psi. So is that not as safe of a tune as just the stage 1. I love the car the way it is but it's hard not to want a little more. But everytime I read threads on here or nasioc with guys who went stage 1 and are experiencing knock or other off values I get turned off. I know the whole pay to play thing but it's tough buying a 630$ mod, adding it to a car that runs perfect and not knowing for sure if everything's gonna be okay
    If you are thinking about all the bad things that will happen then just stay stock. Nothing wrong with that.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82