My new car... I think?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new car... I think? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So about 4 years ago I owned a 2004 WRX. I was a little too young to handle a car ...

My new car... I think?

So about 4 years ago I owned a 2004 WRX. I was a little too young to handle a car like that so it resulted in speeding tickets and me selling the car to pay court fees. Fast forward to now. I haven't gotten a single speeding ticket in 3 years and I literally thought about my Subie everyday. The 2003 Legacy Wagon I had just wasn't cutting it. It was a tad bit boring for me. Went out and found myself a 2013 Subaru WRX Premium with 33k on it. The car was amazing and in great condition. Wasn't owned by some 20 year old. Took her for an hour long test drive... and then another hour long test drive .... let's just say I killed half a tank of gas test driving it making sure everything was in good working order. So I went to my bank and 20 minutes later walked out with a very large treasurers check. Bought the car and was ecstatic. Went outside to call Liberty Mutual and they worked out a quote of $14,000 a year. About $1200 a month. I died a little inside. Went back inside and told them that I had to return the car. After calming down a little bit I figured that I might as well call some other companies. Made a call to Progressive and they quoted me at $314 a month. I was dumbfounded. I kept asking the lady on the phone to redo the quote because that couldn't be correct. She eventually said (very nicely), "Sir, it is a very strange request to want to pay more. We would be happy to take more of your money, but we simply can't." She was extremely nice and patient the entire time. This is with comprehensive, collision, 100/300 liability, etc. SO I'm patiently waiting for tomorrow to roll around so I can put the first months payment in my checking account so it can be withdrawn and the dealership can register the car for me and deliver it. Yesterday was a roller coaster ride. Let's hope all goes well tomorrow and there are no more surprises.
    So that's my story! I'm the proud owner of a 2013 Premium WRX... hopefully!

Now for modding....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140711_163535.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	157329

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same car, '13 WRB WRX hatch. I also use progressive for insurance, and I have to say their rates are very reasonable. I will say that having the hatch(or wagon as they refer to it) really helps. My insurance is only 80 bucks a month(I'm 26 with a pristine record and live in a small city), but had I got a sedan it would have cost me an extra 50 bucks a month.

Congrats on the car! I've had mine a year and a half and I still love it. I haven't done any mods, but I love the car for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by alexbring View Post
    I have the same car, '13 WRB WRX hatch. I also use progressive for insurance, and I have to say their rates are very reasonable. I will say that having the hatch(or wagon as they refer to it) really helps. My insurance is only 80 bucks a month(I'm 26 with a pristine record and live in a small city), but had I got a sedan it would have cost me an extra 50 bucks a month.

Congrats on the car! I've had mine a year and a half and I still love it. I haven't done any mods, but I love the car for what it is.
    Thanks man! Yeah, this car is going to be bone stock for a while. Need to save up some more money since I now am going to be paying almost $675 a month between insurance and the finance payments. Can't be blowing money left and right anymore. Even stock I know I will be more than happy. Love the SPT exhaust that comes from the factory. Can actually hear that nice boxer rumble! I'll probably throw in a Defi boost gauge, but that's it for now!! I swear!!!!

(Can someone hold my credit card for me??)

Just bought some rain guards and a Cobb Red and Black Delrin shift knob. No more!

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Just bought some rain guards and a Cobb Red and Black Delrin shift knob. No more!
    We all said that " that's it no more" but that's not the case lol. But why was liberty mutual 14000? Are they on crack?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Congrats on the car.

I have progressive with full coverage on my Wrx and truck for $345 a month.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    We all said that " that's it no more" but that's not the case lol. But why was liberty mutual 14000? Are they on crack?
    Haha exactly I know how it is! I spent a lot on my 2004 WRX! Hey, I told someone to hold my credit card, but no one offered. Now look what happened! This is YOUR FAULT!!!

and Liberty Mutual isn't just on crack. They are also currently shooting heroin, taking research chemicals, AND sniffing Elmer glue (they think it actually gets them high).

So Liberty goes back 5 years in their records which means they also saw an OUI I had in 2009 and two more speeding tickets in 2010. STILL that is ridiculous. MAYBE if I had vehicular manslaughter THREE TIMES along with evading arrest and other charges THEN I would understand 14k per year. I told them I'd call them back...

Progressive only goes back 3 years and their modeling block is completely different than other insurance companies. Just called them an hour ago actually and asked to see what the price was when I changed the deductible from $500 to $1000 and it is now $260 per month. I'm so stoked. Also, everything on my record is from July of 2011 so it is going to drop off at the end of this month so I can call and have them change it so it's even cheaper and I'm sure having a clean record with them is going to make it A LOT cheaper!! I'm so glad everything worked out.

Seriously, this weekend was one hell of a roller coaster ride.

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Congrats on the car.

I have progressive with full coverage on my Wrx and truck for $345 a month.
    Thanks a lot man words can't describe my joy. Endorphins dance around my brain every time I think about it.

I don't know why I didn't get progressive YEARS AGO!!!

So I have ONE problem with the car (not including the crappy sound system because the boxer rumble is much better than music). The passengers seat is STUPIDLY low and can't be adjusted. My GF hates the car because of this and I don't blame her. She literally is eye level with the bottom of the window.
    I got an idea today. If I can import a drivers side seat from Japan I can just bolt it right into the passengers side of my car. Needs to be one that is heated though. Can anyone point me in the direction on where to look?

If I may recommend any mods, look Into a short throw kit, I have the factory upgraded short shifter and it makes a huge difference. If it doesn't already have one, I would point you towards the kartboy short throw kit, I've heard nothing hit excellent things about that kit and the price it a lot better than the subaru factory short shifter.

The only mod I have bought for my car after having it delivered was the exhaust trim finishers and a cargo net. I love the look of the exhaust finishers(they are basically metal trim that goes on the bumper, google it for reference. Some like it some don't)

Congrats on the new ride!

For one, you should always shop around with insurance at least every few years so you aren't getting taken by companies like L.M.

I personally have Travelers and pay $41/per month. I had Progressive and it was $95/per month. By calling around I am paying less than half of what I was with Progressive.

I'm glad you called around because that would have sucked to not be able to afford the car solely because you were getting ripped off!
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - Stage 2 - TP Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Why do you need 100/300? 50/100/50 is plenty and it would lower your premium.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I've personally always had 100/300
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - Stage 2 - TP Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    buy some winter tires I know the New England weather is soooo mild you might not need the but just in case.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are you under 25?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Oh yea I'm deff buying winter tries and rims!

Also yes I am under 25. 23 to be exact. So I have officially bought the insurance. Got it down to $230 per month which is amazing. Just waiting on the dealership to call me and let me know it's all registered and has plates and a sticker and then I can pick it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast