My 2015 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My 2015 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like what you've done with the car; looks great! Not to hijack the thread, but how did you decide ...

I like what you've done with the car; looks great! Not to hijack the thread, but how did you decide on the Thule bars? I should be getting my GBP WRX Limited in the next few weeks (it'll be my first subie. ) I haven't done much rack research yet, but with all the talk of how 'soft' the subie paint is, I'm concerned that putting a rack on my subie will scratch the roof paint have you experienced this? Also, do you have model/part numbers that you used? I'd love to see some closeups of your setup, if you'd be so kind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just picked up my limited on Thursday.
    my first Subaru as well and love it so far

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbification View Post
    I like what you've done with the car; looks great! Not to hijack the thread, but how did you decide on the Thule bars? I should be getting my GBP WRX Limited in the next few weeks (it'll be my first subie. ) I haven't done much rack research yet, but with all the talk of how 'soft' the subie paint is, I'm concerned that putting a rack on my subie will scratch the roof paint have you experienced this? Also, do you have model/part numbers that you used? I'd love to see some closeups of your setup, if you'd be so kind.
    Hey Dub, I'm actually on mobile at the moment so it'll be hard to give you all of the part numbers, but I posted the exact setup that I have in another thread, so if you click on my username and look at my other posts you should be able to find it relatively easy.. I'm with you about the paint, but this model doesn't have roof rack capability from the manufacturer, which I think is absurd, so to my knowledge, if you want a roof rack, you'll either have to drill into your frame like I've seen others talking about, or have a setup like I've got.. Once I installed it, I was put at ease a little more because that thing is on there really snug, if I give the rack a tug it just moves the whole car.. I went with Thule because at the time I bought the kit, I really couldn't find many alternatives, and the aerobars had good reviews so I gave them a shot. I like them, I'd recommend them to a friend if they were asking, but it's the only roof rack I've ever had so take it for what it's worth.. I can get you some close up shots of it a little later on, anything specifically you'd like to see?
    Last edited by WRXinSC42; 07-29-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Hey man; sorry I didn't see this right away; been busy and must've overlooked your reply. Thanks for replying, btw. hehe.

I just got my car yesterday, and am super stoked! As summer is winding down, I definitely am going to put a rack on my car, and I think I'm gonna go with your setup; biting off your style. :P I've also heard nice things about the aerobars, and I like Thule, as I have used them in the past; they're better quality than Yakima, IMO.

As for the pictures, I'd love to be able to check out the feet of the setup; how they sit on the roof, and how they clip on to the side. I guess my concern in this case would be the metal bracket you need to put into the door jamb seems harsh (straight metal on the car makes me cringe, lol). I understand if it's too much to ask, but thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks!

what size faring do u have for ur car, And do u still have the thule one would u be willing to sell it? just curious

Was wondering what model Thule rack you purchased? I have a 2015 and I'm looking for some racks.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknebd View Post
    Was wondering what model Thule rack you purchased? I have a 2015 and I'm looking for some racks.
    Try reading through the thread as he clearly says what his entire set-up is. He also states that it's in another thread and how to find it.
    Nate | Stink Eye Mob #023

2014 WRB WRX Hatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.